Alliance for International Medical Action Graduate Job Recruitment 2020 | Application Guide and Requirements.
In this article, you will get the latest updates on Alliance for International Medical Action Graduate Job Recruitment 2019, recruitment requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates for free.
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent medical aid organization based in Dakar, Senegal. ALIMA has three principal areas of expertise: providing medical care in humanitarian crises, supporting the development of national medical organizations, and conducting operational research to bring medical innovation to the field.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Midwife
Location: Monguno, Borno
Report To: Srh Manager
Functional With: Srh Manager
Response/ Supervise: None
Main Purpose in the Organisation
- Provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow up before, during and after delivery, according to ALIMA obstetrical and reproductive health protocols, universal hygienic and new-born caring standards and under supervision of a specialist doctor, in order to ensure their health conditions and avoid post-delivery complications.
Responsibility / Main Activities
- Ensure the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care (BEmONC and CEmONC), neonatal and comprehensive abortion care, management of survivors of sexual violence, reproductive tract infections and Fistula care in accordance with ALIMA Reproductive Core Package of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardised protocols.
- Where PMTCT is implemented, ensure implementation of the PMTCT protocol in the ANC/delivery and PNC consultations (pre counselling, test and post counselling)
- Collaborate with the EXPAT MIDWIFE in the management of Sexual Violence cases
- Assess the feasibility for referral of pregnant women form the TBAs to the OPD/MCH for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
- Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to ALIMA specifications.
- Guarantee a regular and on-going supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders).
- Properly follow up all new-born babies from delivery until discharge, informing mothers and, relatives about importance of breast feeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
- Ensure patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected.
- Supervise or execute the administrative procedures of admissions and hospitalizations compliant with protocols, as well as verify patients are properly informed and receive the documents required (birth certificate, vaccination card, etc).
- Ensure proper documentation and registration of relevant information related to delivery and examination findings.
- Participate in the organisation of the ward in collaboration with other midwifes and the maternity ward supervisor. Ensure transfer of relevant information to the next shift team (specially identifying risk cases).
- According to ALIMA protocols in force, conduct normal deliveries independently. Manage obstetric emergencies; identify cases needing referral and send them in time, clean up the new-born, executing and registering first neo-natal medical acts (cutting and cleaning the umbilical cord, vaccination, etc.), detecting possible anomalies/infections/premature/low birth weight of the new-born and reporting them to the doctor and/or, in order to ensure successful interventions. Supervises the use of drugs, facilities and obstetric material, in order to ensure, in accordance with number of patients and prescriptions, a rational use, as well as pharmacy stock levels, are permanently updated, kept under appropriate conditions and above minimum safety point.
In the Maternity Ward and Health Post, the midwife is expected to:
- Work according to ALIMA and local protocols in force.
- Distribute and/or administer medication timely according to the prescriptions in the patients’ file.
- Follow up on vital signs and other observations and carry out care and/or interventions ordered as per Doctors/midwife orders in the patient file.
- Ask for help when the situation is beyond his/her capacity (in workload and/or complexity of the cases) to ensure safe patient care.
- Work harmoniously together with cleaners and translators and facilitate a healthy working environment.
- Work together with PMTCT counselors to facilitate optimal coverage of PMTCT.
- Respect and compliance to ALIMA’s and other applicable local security policies.
- 3-5 years’ experience, with NGO
- Contract term: Fixed Term Contracts The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is recruiting to fill the position of: Gynecologist / Obstetrician. The position is located in Monguno, Borno State. Interested candidates should possess Medical Doctor Degree with 3-5 years work experience.
National Pay Scale
CLICK HERE for more information.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: ALIMA jobs, alima jobs opportunities, alima recrutement, alima wikipedia, Alliance for International Medical Action, Alliance for International Medical Action Graduate Job Recruitment 2020, current jobs in maiduguri, current ngo jobs in maiduguri, How to Apply for Alliance for International Medical Action Graduate Job Recruitment, How to Apply for Alliance for International Medical Action Graduate Job Recruitment 2020, hr assist nigeria alima ngo, icrc jobs in maiduguri