Apply Now For Administrative Coordinator Job at Solidarités International. Solidarités International (SI) has not been active in Nigeria in the past and therefore has a limited experience in the country. SI sent a first exploratory team in Nigeria (North-Eastern States) for three weeks in April. A continued presence of senior managers has been maintained since mid-May in Borno state and Abuja. Additionally, SI registration in Nigeria is ongoing with the help of a local lawyer.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator – Nigeria
Location: Abuja, with frequent movements to Maiduguri
Starting Date: 01/08/2016 (subject to funding)
Duration: 3 months, renewable
Organization of the mission
- The mission has one coordination based in Abuja, composed of one Head of Mission, one administrative coordinator and one program coordinator.
- The project will be based in Maiduguri and implemented by an expatriate project manager, with a field coordinator, as well as a one month support from a MEAL coordinator.
- The support team will be composed in Maiduguri of one administrator and one logistic coordinator.
- The administrative coordinator will direct and coordinate all administrative, accounting and financial services associated with the mission.
- He/she will monitor adherence to Solidarités administrative procedures and donor procedures as well as to the laws of the country in which intervention is taking place.
- He/she is the point of reference for the mission, and the link between headquarters and the mission for all administrative matters.
- He/she will take part in defining Solidarités International’s human resources policy, and ensure that it is followed.
- As coordinator, he is responsible for the mission’s financial balance.
Specific context of the post:
- SI three folded operational strategy is divided has been thought to adapt to changing context and access. It will balance a direct intervention in accessible areas (Maiduguri city) and remote operations through a network of collaborators in non-covered outer LGAs, with potential ad hoc movements from the expatriates on site, would security conditions allow it.
- This strategy takes into consideration access constraints, security restrictions, logistics issues and sensitivity of the different stakeholders.
- Implement all necessaries financial arrangements : bank account opening, cash management procedures, alternative money transfer modalities.
- Setup and implement the HR frame of the mission, and tightly support the recruitment phase for both program and support departments.
- Directly support both Maiduguri’s administrative manager and the logistics coordinator in the reaching of their respective objectives.
- In this opening and operationalization phase, the Administrative coordinator will be based in Abuja with frequent movements to Maiduguri. He/She will aim at setting up the overall administrative frame of the mission, with a focus on three initial priorities:
Education and Experience:
- Technical education or significant experience in the administrative and financial sector
- Previous experience as an admin coordinator (1 year) a prerequisite
- Previous experience as a base admin manager (1 year) a prerequisite
- Experience in mission opening, preferably within SI, appreciated
Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Expertise on bank opening and cash management highly appreciated
- Good and proven writing and spoke English are required
- Transferable skills in logistics appreciated
- Knowledge and experience of the Chad Lake basin area appreciated
- Multi-project support experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Great work capacity and stress management
- Capacity to work in complex and volatile environments
- Skill transfer ability highly appreciated
- Anticipation and self-organization capacities
Abuja Living Conditions:
- Abuja is the federal capital of Nigeria. It is located in the center of Nigeria in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). Climate is classified as tropical wet and dry with a warm rainy season from April to October and a hot dry season between November and March.
- The level of security threat is very limited in Abuja and the city does not experience the same issues than other Nigerian urban areas. Main risks are road accident, due to driving fast and not very disciplined, and malaria. Criminality is very low and expatriate community is not identified as a specific target.
- Humanitarian sector being small in Abuja, humanitarian expatriate life is limited, but on the other hand, external social life can be very pleasant thanks to the low security threat and the presence of several restaurants, bars, parks, clubs, gym and pools.
- Accommodation in Abuja is in hotel with internet access, restaurant, AC, hot water and laundry service. There is no office for the moment, but work can be done from the hotel or in one of the several quiet bars with internet access present in town.
SI will offer you:
- A salaried post: according to experience from 2000 euros gross per month, plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly, and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD.
- Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Application Deadline 31st July, 2016.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.