Apply for Chief Engineers Vacancy at Hilton Worldwide;
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value.
Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
Curio a collection by Hilton, is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Engineer
Job ID: HOT035LX
Location: Curio Lagos Airport Gate Side One Road, Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
A Chief Engineer will manage the Engineering Team to efficiently maintain all hotel operations such that safety, security, conversation, and compliance are ensured at the highest levels.
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
What will I be doing?
As Chief Engineer, you are responsible for the effective management of all engineering and maintenance operations within the hotel, including energy conservation. You are also responsible for the development of the Engineering Team and staying abreast of compliance regulations and procedures in the field of Engineering, as required for hotel standards. Specifically, a Chief Engineer will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Lead the Engineering Team in the day-to-day engineering and maintenance operations of the hotel, including service standards, equipment schedules, and work schedules
- Communicate with Housekeeping to coordinate and prioritize maintenance activities for Guest rooms and public areas
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the health and safety of Guests and Team Members, as well as the proper conditions for plants, machinery, and property
- Communicate with Government agencies to ensure full compliance with statutory regulations
- Prepare Capital and Repairs and Maintenance budgets for Engineering
- Perform daily checks around the hotel
- Conduct lift emergency release procedures as required
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair mechanical equipment within the hotel
- Ensure good relationships are built with internal and external customers
- Maintenance of all hotel fixtures and fittings to ensure they are in safe condition and take action when any unsafe situations arise
- Develop, implement, and direct all emergency programs
- Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimize expenses
- Coordinate renovation bidding, define the cost and scope of the project, and oversee the general contractor and subcontractors to ensure quality work is performed cost effectively
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Identify and introduce environmentally-friendly systems and equipment
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators for the Engineering Department and take corrective action, as required, to improve equipment inventory, quality audit, productivity, and other objectives
- Manage all Team Member related activities, including recruitment, performance management, training, career planning, disciplinary matters, and team motivation
What are we looking for?
A Chief Engineer serving Hilton Worldwide brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Advanced knowledge of building management/engineering
- A degree in Engineering or similar
- Exposure to budgeting and basic accounting
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Strong leadership skills and previous experience of managing a team
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on their own
- Previous experience of facilities management
- Proficient, at an advanced level, with computers and relevant computer programs
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- First Aid
- Qualification in engineering field
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Hilton Worldwide