Apply for Accountant / Finance Manager Job at Justice & Empowerment Initiatives (JEI-Nigeria);
Justice & Empowerment Initiatives – Nigeria (JEI-Nigeria) is a non-profit, nongovernmental organization based in Lagos and Port Harcourt, Nigeria. We empower poor and marginalized individuals and communities to lead the changes that they would like to see in their own communities — whether greater access to justice for the poor, pro-poor urban governance and policy, or community-led insitu upgrading and development.
Our work is community driven, community owned, and community sustained. Partner communities identify their needs and set priorities – e.g. addressing violence, strengthening land tenure, or building drainages. These priorities feed into all aspects of our work.
Job Title: Accountant / Finance Manager
- JEI-Nigeria is looking for a committed accounting professional with significant experience in NGO/non-profit accounting to join our team as an Accountant / Finance Manager based in Lagos to oversee financial management across offices in Lagos and Port Harcourt.
- He/she will work with, train, and oversee finance-related staff in both offices and report directly to the Co-Executive Directors.
- Ensure that JEI-Nigeria’s financial system runs properly in order to process financial information and generate accurate reports.
- Ensure that internal controls are maintained at an acceptable level.
- Manage and minimize risks affecting JEI-Nigeria’s assets.
- Ensure compliance with JEI-Nigeria financial policies, procedures set out in this Manual and any additional donor compliance requirements.
- Ensure timely preparation of all internal and external financial reports.
- Work with Co-Executive Directors on project and general budgeting.
- Be responsible for all aspects of cash management including: (1) monitoring accounts receivables, processing of staff payroll, and collection of debt and managing pre-payments; (2) direct, mentor/coach, appraise and supervise the other finance staff; and ensure that internal financial reports are generated accurately and disseminated in a timely manner.
- At least 3 years experience in NGO/non-profit accounting and financial management. Please describe the required experience in a short cover letter. Candidates with more experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- HND and/or B.Sc. in accounting.
- Working familiarity with IFRS and other relevant international standards.
- Professional certification a significant plus.
- Experience working with Quickbooks / other accounting software a plus.
- Supervision/management experience a plus.
A competitive salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV/résumé, cover letter, and at least two professional references to: [email protected] with the words “Account / Finance Manager” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 15th November 2016.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.