Apply for Medical Coordinator Job at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA);
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent medical aid organization based in Dakar, Senegal. ALIMA has three principal areas of expertise: providing medical care in humanitarian crises, supporting the development of national medical organizations, and conducting operational research to bring medical innovation to the field.
ALIMA is looking for a Medical Coordinator M/F for the management of its programs in Maiduguri.
Position to be filled between as soon as possible.
Job Title: Medical Coordinator
Experience and Skills
- Essential, degree in medicine or other paramedical studies. Specialization in tropical medicine or a degree in Public Health would be an asset
- Essential, working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs and previous humanitarian experience in ALIMA or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Essential working experience of one year as a Medical Coordinator
- Fluent English; local working language like Hausa/Kanuri would be an asset.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Strategic Vision
In the Maternity Ward and Health Post, the midwife is expected to:
- Work according to ALIMA and local protocols in force.
- Distribute and/or administer medication timely according to the prescriptions in the patients’ file.
- Follow up on vital signs and other observations and carry out care and/or interventions ordered as per Doctors/midwife orders in the patient file.
- Ask for help when the situation is beyond his/her capacity (in workload and/or complexity of the cases) to ensure safe patient care.
- Work harmoniously together with cleaners and translators and facilitate a healthy working environment.
- Work together with PMTCT counselors to facilitate optimal coverage of PMTCT.
- Respect and compliance to ALIMA’s and other applicable local security policies.
- 3-5 years’ experience, with NGO
- Contract term: Fixed Term Contracts The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is recruiting to fill the position of: Gynecologist / Obstetrician. The position is located in Monguno, Borno State. Interested candidates should possess Medical Doctor Degree with 3-5 years work experience.
CLICK HERE for more information.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.