Apply Now For Financial Controller Job in an Oil and Gas Marine Logistics Company. Stresert Services Limited – Our client, a Marine Logistics provider to the Oil and Gas industry, is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Job Ref: ph-Log-FC
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Reports To: MD
- The Financial Controller is responsible for all day-to-day financial and accounting activities and accountable for all financial management, corporate accounting, budgeting, forecasting, regulatory compliance as well as the implementation of internal control policies and procedures.
- Develop timely financial and cash-flow forecasts and pro-actively manage cash-flows
- Source for new and more cost-effective options for financing capital projects.
- Ensure the efficient management of the balance sheet of the organization in liaison with Banks and other financial institutions
- Constructively advise other departments on cost reduction or revenue enhancement initiatives
- Supervise the timely and accurate preparation and delivery of financial statements
- Develop detailed and insightful analysis of future earnings and capital expenses
- Develop and implement robust financial management framework for minimising financial risk.
Budgeting and Control:
- Coordinate the annual budgeting process and ensure its effective implementation
- Maintain robust internal controls and policies and supervise internal financial audits.
- Develop, manage, analysis and control the budgets of all departments and Vessels.
- Prepare management reports on budget performance.
- Undertake monthly budget reviews, implement monthly variance reporting and advice on expenditure trends.
Corporate Accounting and Reporting:
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, internal control, and petty cash.
- Implement effective procedures and controls that ensures the timely closing of the financial records including review for accuracy, cut-offs and classification in compliance with IFRS and company Standards.
- Ensure Compliance with Company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems
Regulatory and Tax Compliance:
- Minimize the tax liabilities of the organization
- Ensure compliance with the Cabotage and the Nigerian Content Legislation and Tax requirements.
- Liaise with the external Auditors to file Accounts with FIRS.
- Process Company Tax Clearance Certificates in a timely Manner.
- Ensure full, prompt and efficient regulatory compliance
- Ensure the timely submission of accounts and returns to meet statutory reporting deadlines.
- Prepare the annual audit file and co-ordinate the annual regulatory audit process.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Corporate Finance, confidentiality
- Proficient with MS Office (word, excel, Power point) a MUST and knowledge of essential accounting software usage such as Peachtree, Sage, SAP, JD Edward, Tally etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Reporting skills, deadline-oriented, time management
- Reasoning ability, mathematical ability, and logical thinking skills
- Data entry management, Problem solving skills
Education / Experience
- The Candidate must preferably be an Associate member of ICAN/ ACCA.
- A graduate with back ground in Accounting; a master degree is highly desired.
- Must have 10 – 12 years work experience in a managerial position.
- Must be resident in Port Harcourt.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected] using ‘ph-Log-FC’ as subject of mail
Note: Wrongly titled applications will not be opened. Applicants who do not meet the above criteria need not apply. Please be guided.
Application Deadline 25th July, 2016.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.