CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
Apply Now for Food Security Officers Job at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) 3 Slots. The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
In light of the displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, NRC has recently started up wi th emergency activities in the area of Food Security, Water and Sanitation, Shelter and ICLA sectors in Nigeria in order to respond to the urgent humanitarian needs in the northeast.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Food Security Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines, policies and procedures
- Coordinate the food security activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities
- Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans
- Coordinate with relevant partners
- Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures
- Supervise, train and develop team
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents as required
- Investigate and facilitate introduction of new technology, methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Food Security Manager
- Minimum 3 years’ experience from working with food security projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Degree in Agronomy or other relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience, such as livelihood and market based approaches.
- Experience from project implementation of cash and voucher approaches transfers, Income Generation Activities and Backyard Vegetable Gardening is an added advantage.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD, or similar)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Fluency in Kanuri and Hausa languages
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Contract period: one year (with possibility of extension)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters, copy of a valid national identification (National
Passport, Driver’s License, National Identity Card or Voter’s Card) and an updated CV to: [email protected]
- The title of the position (Food Security Coordinator – Maiduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any application received after the deadline will not be considered).
- Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that to apply at NRC is FREE!!!
- NRC does not ask for money or any form of favor for submission of application or employment.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position
Deadline: 16th September, 2016.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.