Apply Now For British Council Recruitment for Graduate Customer Service Officers 2016. The British Council is the world’s leading cultural relations organization and creates opportunities for people in the UK and worldwide to understand each other, to work together and learn from one another.
We see this as crucial to building secure, more prosperous and sustainable futures for us all. We build trust and understanding between different countries and cultures and develop strong international links that are of benefit to people in Britain and the rest of the world.
The British Council is recruiting to fill the below position of:
Job Title: Customer Service Officer
Region: Sub Saharan Africa
Department: Exams, Nigeria
Job Category: Customer Services
Pay Band: 4
Purpose of Job
- To support the achievement of country plan objectives in Abuja and all Nigeria by delivering customer services.
- To maintain them at the highest professional standards as set out in the British Council’s EQS (Examination Quality Standards) and by the IELTS Partners.
Context and Environment
- Customers and enquirers engage with the British Council Nigeria for a number of purposes with the majority being for examinations. Nigeria is the largest British Council exams business in the Sub Saharan Africa region. It administers exams in four subject areas: Schools, Professional/Vocational, and Educational on behalf of UK institutions and IELTS. In 2013-14 we will deliver roughly 75,000 exams to 25,000 candidates. The Nigerian team comprises 23 people; 15 are based in Lagos with 6 in Abuja and 5 in Port Harcourt.
- The SSA region delivers exams in over 20 countries from its offices in 16 of these countries. In 2010, we delivered a quarter of a million exams to over 120k candidates. Growth in the region is robust, but our challenges are many. Nevertheless, Exams teams are making solid gains in our 4 strategic priority areas, namely: improving business performance, improving quality, improving financial compliance and increasing impact.
- The post holder will be part of the team of 6 who administer the growing Exams business in Abuja ensuring quality and compliance as well as control of income and expenditure to deliver on target.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
(including people management and finance):
- As Customer Services Officer the post holder will be line managed by the Exams Services Manager in Abuja
- Quality: to deliver a high standard of customer service to our customers, schools and exams candidates. Performance is measured by our own Exams Quality Standards
- All administrative procedures are in full compliance with examination board regulations and EQS standards.
- Finance: all British Council standards for managing finances are met with relation to managing Purchase Orders, managing contracts and procurement.
To provide services that support all British Council customers and implement action points in the Nigeria Customer Service improvement strategy. This involves ensuring that:
- Front desk is always manned during operational hours
- Visitors are attended to immediately and appropriately
- Phone enquiries answered within 45 seconds of first ring
- To provide administrative support in the delivery of workshops, seminars and any other project related services in line with Exams Quality Standards (EQS)
- All service registration procedures (e.g. Exams, Certification and other programme registration) are fully understood and implemented to agreed standards.
- Information about the full range of British Council products and services is clearly and confidently articulated to customers, encouraging customer engagement and cross-selling
- To regularly attend staff meetings to both gain and impart knowledge about our customers, products and services
- Regular communication and working is maintained with back-of-house teams
- Email enquiries are attended to promptly and escalated from regional email centre as per agreed service level agreement
- Daily / weekly balanced reconciliations are completed and “parked” on the financial system and spreadsheet.
- Complaints, comments and feedback are dealt with in accordance with corporate policy and the Exams Quality Standards.
- Provide support/assistance to the Exams Team on all aspects of Customer Service
- Use the E-Africa website as the single authoritative source of information for all enquiry handling
Equal opportunity and Diversity:
- To ensure that planning, delivery and implementation of managed projects are executed in line with the standards of EO&D
Information Knowledge Management:
- Manage information created and received in compliance with British Council’s information management standards, policies, the UK data protection principles and local legislation
Stock keeping of materials:
- Maintaining logs of preparation materials
Venue Staff and Clerical Markers Management:
- Assist in recruitment, training, monitoring of venue staff to board and EQS standards.
- To assist Centre Manager in collecting qualitative and quantitative marketing data.
- Ensure that payments are collected, receipts issued and accurately posted on the system
Deputising/sickness or holiday cover:
- To deputise, by agreement, for other examination colleagues in Abuja office.
- To discharge other centre-related duties and activities as directed by the Centre Manager
- Internal: Abuja Exams team, Lagos team, Port Harcourt team, Country Exams Manager, Deputy Country Exams Manager
- External: Venue Staff, IELTS Examiners, Enquirers, Candidates, Customer Service staff
- Connecting with others (essential): Making regular opportunities to understand others better.
- Working together (essential): Establishing a genuinely common goal with others.
- Being Accountable (more demanding)
- Shaping the future (essential):
- Look for ways in which we can do things better.
- Creating Shared Purpose (essential)
- Making it happen (essential):
These behaviours will be needed to successfully carry out the role, but will not be assessed for recruitment purposes.
Skills and Knowledge
- Marketing and Customer Service – Level 1
- Computer Skills – Level 1
- English Language proficiency to IELTS band 7.5 in all areas (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of the education and qualification systems in the UK and Nigeria
Short listing & Interview:
- Dealing with customers and enquiries in a service environment.
- Providing and monitoring service within quality standards.
- Working quickly and accurately to tight deadlines.
- Experience of handling and reporting on payments from customers.
- Experience of delivering examinations in a timely and secure manner.
- Managing and training casual staff
- Education to degree level or equivalent
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5th February, 2016.
Start Date As Soon As Possible (ASAP).
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.