Apply Now For Cleaner/Cook Job at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) – 2016. The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs. In light of the displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, NRC is about to start up an emergency response programme in Nigeria to respond to the humanitarian needs.
In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC will initially be starting activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter sectors.
NRC is therefore seeking for suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below for the NRC Field Office in Maiduguri, Nigeria for 2016:
Job Title: Cleaner/Cook
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure a safe and functional environment for staff in both offices and guesthouses
- Report snags to HR/Admin Officers and follow up until repaired
- Empty and wash out bins in all rooms.
- Tidy and dust guesthouse and offices.
- Lock or unlock the building securely.
- Prepare meals/teas for guesthouse guests
- Prepare teas and other complementary bites for staff meetings and visitors
- Undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- The Cleaner/Cook reports to the HR/Admin Officer.
- Clean washrooms and any other facilities.
- Wash kitchen utensils and provide laundry services for the office and guesthouses
- Damp dust where appropriate.
- Keep a check on cleaning materials and re-order via the HR/Admin Officer.
- Keep a check on office/guesthouse supplies and re-order via the HR/Admin Officer
- Minimum 3 years’ experience from working as a Cleaner/Cook
- Documented and traceable references
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Contract period: 31st December (with possibility of extension)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following in a sealed envelope:
- Their application letter in their own handwriting and in English,
- An updated CV,
- Copies of school certificates,
The application package should be sent to:
The Human Resource Officer,
Norwegian Refugee Council,
Plot 8/10 Jimina Street,
Off Damboa Road,
- Please do not send your original certificates.
- All applicants should write their name down when submitting their application and sign to confirm that they have submitted their application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- To apply at NRC is FREE!!
- NRC does not ask for money or any form of favour for submission of application or employment.
Application Deadline 6th May, 2016.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.