Apply Now for Clearing & Forwarding Assistant Job at Indigenous Procurement Firm. Thejobmag is an organisation strongly dedicated to connecting Jobseekers to the right jobs mainly in Nigeria.
Job Title: Clearing & Forwarding Assistant
Our client is an indigenous procurement firm seeking to hire smart, hardworking and resulted oriented individuals to join her team.
This position will manage all import functions of the organisation, from pre shipment, shipment and clearing from ports. You will also be responsible for preparing all custom documentations in line with applicable laws and must have a clear understanding of Nigerian Customs clearing procedure documentation in shipping, air & freight clearing and forwarding.
Are you the one we are looking for? Then you should know that your specific duties will include the following:
- Respond to enquiries, send quotations and negotiate with clients.
- Tracking of shipments, updating customers on arrival information and ensuring correct shipping documentation.
- Custom declaration and clearance of goods at the ports.
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements to engage in the clearing and forwarding business are up to date and in compliance.
- Ensure shipper gets clear instructions on clearing documentation as per country requirements, with the consultation of purchasing office
- Follow up closely on the customs/clearance formalities and delivery process.
- Oversee the entire clearing and forwarding process to ensure the clients goods get to them in a timely manner and communicate any obstacles in the clearing process to the client.
- Liaise with suppliers for timely shipments, follow up for documents to be received and goods cleared well in time to avoid late documentation charges, storage charges and demurrages.
- Advice management on correct and most preferred course of action to overcome technicalities that may arise in declaration or clearing operations.
- Follow up on correspondences between various statutory bodies and other parties including Son, Nafdac
- Undertake administrative duties in the department as required
Desired Competencies & Experience
- To be selected for this role, you should be able to demonstrate the following competencies
HND or BSc degree in Supply Chain Management/Business Administration or any other related field
- In-depth understanding of imports and export procedures.
- Good knowledge Imports declaration (The use of HS codes)
- You must be experienced in logistics costing and preparing quotations.
- Be an excellent communicator (both verbal & written)
- Proficiency in use of MS Office tools
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
- Highly developed teamwork skills – ability to work with others and embrace team work
- Ability to coordinate the C&F operations with a large team of diverse creative employees
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in holding conversations with customers and giving progress reports
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches and departmental contribution–commitment to continuous learning
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful advice and input across the company
- Experience working in a flexible, employee empowering work environment
- Analytical and enquiring mind
- Do you have what it takes? Then we would love to hear from you. Please click on the apply button below
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply Online
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links