Apply Now For Commissioning Engineer Job at TRC Companies, Inc.
A pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, TRC is a national engineering, environmental consulting and construction management firm providing integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. We serve a broad range of commercial, industrial and government clients, implementing complex projects from initial concept to operations.
Job Title: Commissioning Engineer
General Description Of Position
This position reports to the Regional Manager, Field Services and this individual functions as the responsible electrical commissioning engineer on assigned projects and provides overall project planning, coordination and supervision of construction, commissioning and testing activities to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
Essential Functions Of The Position
- Act as resident engineer on projects of any magnitude.
- Interpret complex plans and specifications and apply available information to ensure that all project design requirements are satisfied.
- Review project plans and schedules for constructability.
- Plan, perform and document the commissioning of various control and power circuits to ensure the intended operation and safety of equipment and personnel are met.
- Takes a lead role in resolving construction problems, procedures, and methods through working with the customer and TRC engineering personnel, inspectors, contractors, and suppliers.
- Maintain familiarity with appropriate engineering and construction codes to ensure compliance with applicable codes.
- Maintain familiarity with work rules applicable to various collective bargaining crafts employed on project.
- Checking completed job for adequacy of design and documentation.
- Perform complex economic analyses of engineering alternatives.
- Serve as project engineer or project manager on assigned projects.
- Promote efficient flow of information and ensure complete and accurate record keeping.
- Prepare, conduct and document daily site safety meetings (tailboards) in accordance with client and TRC safety policies and standards
- Prepare and/or monitor complex construction and commissioning schedules to ensure timely completion of the work.
- Prepare and/or implement outage and energization plans, and detailed commissioning plans.
- Institute, direct and document changes to the work when required by differing site conditions.
- Conduct on-site design or investigation work to ensure adequacy of contractor’s methods. Evaluate contractor’s procedures, starting and completion times, and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Prepare and institute programs for testing of equipment and materials and start-up of systems.
- Review and approve detailed test reports of various types of electrical equipment.
- Responsible for creating and managing client and subcontract change order requests and generating construction related change orders.
- Receive and inspect equipment to be installed on the project and approve for payment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.