Apply Now For Health Specialists Recruitment at UNICEF Nigeria 2020.
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – In September 2014 UNICEF began implementing a joint programme with UN Women on Women, Peace and Security (WPS) funded by the European Union (EU).
The programme will support the Nigerian Government (Federal level), three Northern Nigerian States namely Adamawa, Gombe and Plateau and selected Local Government Areas (LGAs) to strengthen women’s leadership, advance gender equality and improve protection for women and children in conflict settings.
UNICEF is responsible for the implementation of Component 2 of the programme, namely ‘to increase access to reporting mechanisms and protective services for girls and women affected by human rights abuses, including gender-based violence, in 3 states of northern Nigeria”.
This will entail enhancing avenues for reporting of child rights violation and Gender-Based Violence in Plateau and Gombe States, strengthening access to and quality of services for children and women who have experienced violence (including gender-based violence (GBV), abuse, neglect and exploitation and strengthening the information management system for collecting data on violations.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Health Specialist, (Cold Chain and Logistics) NO-C #90854
Job Number: 494181
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
Level: National Professional (NO-C)
Duration: Two years
* Through leadership of the Logistics Working Group, strengthen mechanisms for supply of adequate bundled vaccines of good quality and for monitoring, analysing & reporting of key vaccine management parameters.
* Work with NAFDAC to facilitate timely registration for EPI vaccines for smooth procurement processes in line with the FGN/UNICEF Memorandum of Understanding.
* Provide technical support to the NPHCDA to improve functionality and operationalization of the cold chain including the zonal stores; strengthen maintenance and also strengthen mechanisms for dynamic inventory for cold chain and immunization transport.
* Provide technical assistance to NPHCDA to design and implement an LMIS from health delivery points, through LGA(s) and Zones to the Federal level. The technical assistance will focus on both the introduction of the LMIS and the transfer of knowledge and skills to government personnel at national and lower levels of the vaccine storage and distribution system.
* Facilitate assessments in cold chain and vaccine management as part of evidence generation to facilitate inputs for policy formulations & decisions. Three assessments planned are: national cold chain and EPI transport assessment, vaccine distribution assessment states & EVMA followed by developing implementation plans.
* Provide technical support to building capacities of vaccine security and logistics workforce at all levels including supportive supervision to zones and states for monitoring of logistics activities for immunization service delivery in planning, implementation, monitoring, supervision and evaluation of routine immunization and Supplemental Immunisation Activities
* Perform all other official tasks as may be assigned by the EPI Team Leader and the Chief of Health
* Facilitate the logistics and supply functions for the Health Section including Supply Planning and Warehouse stock monitoring
CLICK HERE for more information.
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment 2020, kindly provide us with your phone number and Email Address in the comment box below.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Apply Now For Health Specialists Recruitment at UNICEF, Apply Now For Health Specialists Recruitment at UNICEF Nigeria, Apply Now For Health Specialists RecruitmentApply Now For Health Specialists Recruitment 2020, Medical Job, UNICEF