Apply Now For National Consultant Recruitment At UN Women – 2016. UN Women, among other issues, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; empowerment of women; and achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security
Job Title: National Consultant: Baseline Survey for Emergency Assistance to Women/Girl IDPs and other Women/Girls Survivors of Insurgency in Northern Nigeria
Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the expected results from this baseline study:
- Changes anticipated as part of this intervention clearly identified;
- Enhanced understanding of gender responsiveness of humanitarian action in the 3 project states;
- Priority areas on Economic Empowerment for women and girls affected by the insurgency identified and initiated.
- Under the guidance of and reporting directly to the supervising baseline survey consultant, each Research Assistant will be responsible for the following generic on-demand activities:
- Compile, analyze and synthesize information for the supervising baseline survey consultant;
- Perform research assistance to carry out data collection in respect of the baseline survey assignment in this initiative;
- Support the development of methodologies, reports, briefs, etc. on specific issues;
- Characterize specific groups in terms of different indicator;
- Performing background research assistance (qualitative and quantitative);
- Deliver the specific products described above within the established deadlines.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UN Women;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Highly developed research assistance skills;
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources;
- Computer literate; must be able to use the Internet and other research and applied research tool effectively;
- Identifies priority activities and assignments;
- Teamwork – excellent interpersonal, organizational and management skills and ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams is critical.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Able to manage complex problems proactively and effectively, including responses to field based emergencies;
- Ability to operate effectively in a changing and complex environment, and to produce results under stress;
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Proven organizational and communication skills;
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Strong analytical capabilities;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Politics, International Relations or related development field. Master’s degree may be an additional asset.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the area of field data gathering preferably in Nigeria;
- Strong research background. Experience in data collection and analysis;
- Knowledge of women’s rights issues in the context of Peace and Security, gender equality and SGBV matters;
- Able to work independently with efficiency and competence;
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in a major local language of northern Nigeria will be highly valued.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 14th June 2016
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.