Apply Now For Senior Private Sector Advisor – Malaria Job At Management Sciences for Health – 2016
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health by helping public and private organizations throughout the world to effectively manage people, medicines, money, and
information. Working from more than 30 country offices and our Arlington, Virginia and Medford, Massachusetts US headquarters, our staff from 65 nations is highly regarded for its technical expertise, integrity, and commitment to making a lasting difference in health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
MSH is seeking highly qualified candidates for an anticipated five-year USAID funded malaria program in Nigeria. This program will strengthen delivery of malaria case management: delivery of quality services for management of malaria and its complications, prevention of malaria in pregnancy, and integrated community case management.
Availability of the position is contingent upon issuance of a USAID funding mechanism, and selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant experience in Nigeria.
Job Title: Senior Private Sector Advisor – Malaria
- Serves as the main point of contact for private sector engagement on malaria interventions and collaborations for each specific TO;
- Work with the Senior M&E Advisor to identify indicators that will communicate success in the private sector;
- Contribute to market analysis and segmentation for private sector service delivery and commodity management;
- Work with the Senior Malaria Technical Advisor to develop/adapt appropriate tools for quantification of commodity, costing, distribution, capacity building and supportive interventions especially on malaria diagnosis for malaria program;
- Support the development of strategic partnerships in malaria control activities that provide synergy and complement existing strengths;
- Enhance strategic coordination with NMEP on the public –private sector strategy.
- Overall private sector strategy and plan for the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative for States Project, including identifying opportunities for expansion in the private sector at federal, state, and community level;
- Lead in the development of the private sector strategy and plan for the project;
- Identify cost effective innovations for expansion in the private sector including capacity building, demand creation, data collection and supervision;
- At least 12 years of relevant work experience in private sector mobilization for health; some of this experience must include health programs in Nigeria and the US Government as the project’s donor.
- Demonstrated capacity to mobilize private sector stakeholders at a senior management level.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make timely effective decisions.
- Willingness to travel within project areas as needed.
- Excellent written communication in English is required.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, statistics or another relevant field.
- Demonstrated progressive field experience in malaria prevention and treatment programs in developing countries.
- In depth knowledge of the private sector and public private sector partnerships for health;
- Demonstrated experience implementing health programs in the private sector, and the community.
Qualified candidates currently residing in Nigeria are encouraged to apply.
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national origin, age, veteran’s status, or disability unrelated to job requirements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.