Apply Now For Graphic Designer Job at The North East Regional Initiative (NERI). North East Regional Initiative (NERI) – An International Development Organization, is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals to fill the position below:
Job Title: STTA Graphic Designer
- The consultant (graphic designer) will provide technical assistance for the design and development of a wide-range of communication and outreach materials in compliance with the international development organization’s marking and branding plan.
- The consultant will provide ongoing services, as needed, for a period not to exceed 30 total days spread over 6 months.
Reporting & Supervision
- The Graphic Designer will report to the Chief of Party; s/he will work most directly with the Reporting Officer and other field team members as necessary.
- Design standardized templates for organizational logo, letterhead, business cards, presentations, newsletters, brochures, banners, posters, training manuals, plaques and any other communication and outreach materials.
- Provide guidance to and training for the Reporting Officer, and other team members as identified, in the use of graphic design software (Corel Draw, Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, etc.).
- Conceptualize, create and contextualize graphic designs that communicate complex ideas, in various languages (English, Pigeon English, Fulani, Hausa, Kanuri) effectively across varied audiences, including literacy-challenged individuals.
- Work with the Reporting Officer to ensure compliance with and adherence to the organization’s approved marking and branding plan across all designs and templates created.
- Any other duties, commensurate with ability, necessary to fulfill responsibilities of the consultancy.
- Work with project field teams to create engaging and visually aesthetic designs for marking and branding activities.
- In coordination with the Reporting Officer, liaise with third party printers to ensure adherence to specified requirements and supervise printing of communication materials to ensure adherence to quality standards.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Commercial Art, Fine Arts, Art History, Visual/Graphic Design, Visual Communication, or other closely related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of practical experience in graphic design and/or desktop publishing with a large and diverse portfolio of work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse range of professional relationships is essential.
- Ability and willingness to coach, mentor and train others in all of the aforementioned areas.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English required.
- Must reside in Abuja to ensure availability within a short notice period during the duration of the contract.
- Advanced skills in desktop publishing applications including, but not limited to: Corel Draw, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and apply problem-solving skills, and provide technical supervision when necessary.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents to: [email protected]
- A cover letter; and
- A current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities;
- Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your Cover letter and Resume/CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 29th August, 2016.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.