Ads: Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE - 15 Products Remaining | HURRY NOW!
Apply Now for Humanitarian Finance Assistant Job at Save the Children. Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities.
In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Humanitarian Finance Assistant
Location: Borno, Nigeria
- The Finance Assistant has responsibility to manage payments, receipts and disbursement of funds.
- He/she would be responsible for Glacos registration and filling of documents.
- He/she will also provide support to the finance unit.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Writing of Checks as approved by relevant budget holders
- Conduct weekly and month end cash counts
- Payment of participants and other SCI cash payments out of the office
- Update daily Cash GLACOS and reconcile cash and book balances
- Maintain proper filing and easy retrieval of finance documentation
- Perform Bank related activities (Pick up Bank Statements, collect office running cash, etc….)
- Maintain petty cash with strong supervision from the finance officer
- Update & maintain manual cash book
- Maintain optimum cash balances and advises the Finance Officer for cash replenishment(including emergencies)
Financial Information and other support functions:
- Assist during audit to retrieve all relevant documents for audit exercise
- Assist others requiring information on transactions to retrieve relevant payment vouchers and documentation for their use
- Registration of all paid invoices on Agresso on a daily basis
- Single Account Reconciliation
- Weekly Bank and cash Reconciliation
- Preparing Tax, NHF, and pension payment schedules and cheques to be remitted to the Tax authorities and the various pensions’ administrators and remitting same on a timely basis
- Ensure all documents are filed and stamped “PAID”
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or line manager
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or its equivalent.
- Experience in computerized and accounting systems.
- Fluency in English Language
- One year post graduation similar experience in a NGO
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A knowledge of Hausa or Kanuri Language
- Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handle last-minute demands; exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to be creative and proactive
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st August, 2016.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.♦ Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE. Only 15 Product Remaining - Hurry Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.