Ads: Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE - 15 Products Remaining | HURRY NOW!
Apply Now for Humanitarian Finance Coordinator Job at Save the Children. Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities.
In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Humanitarian Finance Coordinator
Location: Borno, Nigeria
- The Finance Coordinator role will support the Area Office, Humanitarian Finance Manager and/or Country Finance Manager in the relevant geographic area in emergency response programmes in delivering the Finance teams’ objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supervise the Finance officer(s) and Finance Assistant(s) ensure that processing and reporting deadlines are fully met; financial controls and procedures are strictly adhered to by all field office staff
- The main responsibilities of this post will vary according to the terms of reference for each assignment. The post-holder is likely to undertake senior deployments.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Provide a high standard of financial accounting in emergency programmes, ensuring compliance to local statutory law and SC accounting policies.
- Ensure accounting systems, policies, internal controls and procedures are quickly established for the collection of accurate, complete and timely financial data (e.g.: budgets, forecasts, expenditure, commitments, payroll, and delegation of authority).
- Manage the cash flow for the Area office to ensure timely and secure transfer of funds to meet programme needs, liaising with local bankers as required and provide the necessary checks and balances to ensure that money is spent effectively, efficiently and in line with donor requirements.
- Process GLACOS spreadsheets after verifying their accuracy ensuring that data is submitted by Gombe and Bauchi field offices by the set deadline for processing in Agresso (posting), preparing Field Office Monthly review report for Review by Area Programme Manager.
- Support the Area Manager and TA’s in the preparation and on-going management of the field office Budget with potential gaps actively highlighted and communicated to humanitarian finance manager for included in new proposals.
- Verify the accuracy, validity, legitimacy of all payments completeness of financial documents, (purchase requests, work orders, pro forma invoices), proper coding and approval by responsible managers before payments are made while ensuring SCI creditors are paid promptly.
- Provide support to budget holders in reviewing and understanding monthly financial budget monitoring reports and follow up on any recommended action points.
- Assist the Humanitarian Finance Manager amongst the implementing partners at the field level and that audit recommendations related to Field Finance and Awards are followed up & implemented in good time and field staff fully understand and comply with the standard financial procedures.
- Provide support to Humanitarian Finance Manager and /or Country Finance Manager with advice/training to budget holders on budget management and phasing.
- Review and signs off purchase orders.
- Maintains and track accruals/ prepayments register.
- Liaise with the Area Manager to schedule and take lead in planning and convening the monthly finance meetings in the field office ensuring relevant teams are included and action up.
- In collaboration with the Field HR coordinator, provide monthly information to National Finance Coordinator Abuja for payroll preparation and on staff departing from SCI.
- Work closely with the Awards team in ensuring donor compliance amongst the implementing partners at the field level and that audit recommendations related to Field Finance and Awards are followed up & implemented in good time and field staff fully understand and comply with the standard financial procedures Financial Planning:
- Provide information for management reports such as cost centre BVA’s, for budget holders to monitor budgets, on a regular and timely basis.
- Maintain robust and adequate financial internal control systems and cash management across the field office in line with SCI Finance Manual, Awards management and good accounting practices.
- Ensure sufficient cash in the field office by producing monthly cash forecasts for the Office, sending to Abuja office and following-up to make sure cash is received in time.
- Reviews all Bank and Cash Payment vouchers and ensures they are properly approved, ensuring the highest standard of supporting documentation and an audit trail of workings and approval accompanies all transactions.
- Ensure all contractual payments are settled and accounted for accurately and on time.
- Review payments employees, suppliers and contractors and recover debts from staff and third parties
Control & Supervision:
- Take appropriate steps to minimise the risk of fraud or theft.
- Ensure the security of all cash and assets (e.g.: regular cash and bank reconciliation, fixed asset and inventory physical checks).
- Assist with the Internal and External audit preparations including putting together relevant documentation and TOR for the Audit
- Coordinate all SC awards audits and ensure complete implementation of recommendations
- Follow up on audit issues and provide appropriate response with support from Director of Finance
- Induct new staff into financial policies and procedures applicable in the field offices while ensuring that changes in policies are communicated to staff at all levels.
Audit & Evaluation:
- Assist with the Internal and External audit preparations.
- Coordinate all SC awards audits and ensure complete implementation of recommendations
- Follow up on audit issues and provide appropriate response with support from Humanitarian Finance Manager
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development:
- Manage performance of direct reports in the work area through:
- Build the capacity of staff to monitor/ manage grants and awards as well as understand and implement compliance requirements from donors, Save the Children and/or the Government of Nigeria
- Maintain clear communication with both the functional (direct) line manager and the technical manager to foster a smooth working relation under existing matrix structure.
- Effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measureable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations;
- Coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities;
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding performance;
- Documentation of performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/ work plans.
- Work with the Area office team to establish basic systems/procedures for Sub office support functions, such as: communications, documentation, records and file-keeping, publications, training resources and informational materials, inventories for office supplies and equipment, etc.
- Support the logistics department to coordinate all sub office-level procurement activities, basic administrative functions, and asset/property management in line with SCI policies. Help to liaise with other external officials as needed.
- Ensures that direct reports have clear roles and responsibilities, and a strong understanding of all of Donor’s and Save the Children’s regulations and policies, especially the core policies such as; Child Safeguarding Policy, Code of Conduct, Fraud & dishonesty policies, Anti-bribery and corruption policy and whistle blowing policy.
- Provide interim support to a country or regional programme which lacks finance resources.
- Work with internal and external auditors as necessary.
- Review TIM transactions before entry into TIM by logistics
- Participate in Year End & on-going processes relating to awards status including final reconciliation of donor disbursements & awards expenditure, confirmation of debt and income carry forward positions, awards closures
- Comply with all relevant SC policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Act as National Finance Coordinator/National Accountant when required.
- Represent Finance at Procurement Committee Meetings
- Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified professional accountant (internationally recognised qualification, practical experience equivalent will be considered) with significant post qualification accounting experience
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a workload comprised of varying and changing tasks and responsibilities
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing multicultural teams
- 5 years’ experience in an accounting/finance role. Not-for-profit organisation preferred.
- Experience of and well developed skills in staff management, supervision and capacity building
- Good attention to detail and analytical skills
- Computer literate (i.e. WORD, advanced Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, financial systems).
- Experience with NGOs in an international emergency environment.
- Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handle last-minute demands; exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to be creative and proactive
- A knowledge of Hausa or Kanuri Language
- Knowledge of the requirements of the major emergency donors and experience in budgeting and reporting to donors
- Good training and facilitation skills (for financial training/support to partners).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st August, 2016.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.♦ Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE. Only 15 Product Remaining - Hurry Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.