Apply Now for Logistics Manager Job in Lagos at Resource Intermediaries Limited. Resource Intermediaries Limited is a company registered in Nigeria to engage in outsourcing services. The conceptual definition of the company is “easing business burdens”, which is the fundamental reason for our existence. In living this definition, we focus on three key areas; Human Resource Recruitment & Management, Janitorial Services and Business Support Services (Legal and Company Secretarial Services, Information Technology and Finance & Accounting).
Job Title: Logistics Manager
Job Description :
- The Logistics Manager implements/executes the Company’s product transportation strategies both inbound and outbound to ensure the continuous availability and adequacy of products to meet customer demand. The role plays a large part in ensuring the Company’s aspirations for service excellence and bottom-line performance goals are met.
- He/she plays a leading role in the development, execution and support of the Company’s policies related to the standardisation of transportation, purchase, maintenance, tracking systems for efficient movement of products across plants and warehouses.
- A key responsibility of the incumbent is the development and management of critical information from various parties involved in product movement sub-process within the overall supply chain, as well as ensuring integration/seamlessness of transactions which span multiple departments of the company
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 1st degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Transportation or other relevant degree
- Professional accreditation (e.g. Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transportation, UK) Preferable
- 6 – 8 years work experience as a logistics officer within a reputable and structured business environment, preferably a Oil & Gas corporation
- Experience is deep enough to have provided a deep understanding of business strategy and the inter-linkage with logistics.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the supply & distribution of products.
- Liaises with Trading/Purchasing Department to ensure adequate product off-take from Terminals and Gas Producers.
- Manage Logistics staff including logistics supervisor and drivers
- Develop and implement processes and controls for the efficient movement of products
- Build and manage high value relationships with 3 rd party service providers of logistics vehicles
- Develop and ensure the execution of logistic training for staff on logistics and distribution.
- Manage the performance, career development, welfare and motivation of team members.
- Oversees the supervision of loading at Terminals and Gas Producers.
- Liaises with the appropriate Federal/State authorities to ensure necessary approvals are secured for product transportation.
- Manage scheduling, tracking of logistics trucks and vehicles for the movement of product.
- Manage maintenance of logistics vehicles’ to ensure they are available for product movement.
- Manage and monitor budget for the Logistics Department
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Effectiveness and adequacy of product movement strategies and plans
- Downtime of each vehicle per month
- Adequacy, usefulness and timeliness of information/reports produced
- Effectiveness of problem identification, analyses and solutions development efforts
- Levels of proactivity displayed
- Internal customer satisfaction levels
- Quality of relationships with 3 rd party service providers.
- Effectiveness of processes and controls
- Timeliness of product delivery to terminals and warehouses
- Number of trips per month per vehicle
- % variance from budget
- % reduction in maintenance cost
- % reduction in cost per unit of product transported
- Staff satisfaction levels
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Business Analysis, Solutions Development and Execution
- Basic Finance
- Basic Accounting
- Interpersonal Skills
- Political Savvy
- Performance Management
- Project Management
- Contract Management
- Cost Management
- Product Costing
- Logistics skills
- Entrepreneurial Skills
- Negotiation and Contract Management
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.