Apply Now For Marie Stopes International Vacancy for a Consultant Building and Quantity Surveyor – 2016. Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
About our team:
MSION currently has a team of 70 staff which is set to rise to over 100 in the coming year (2017). All Marie Stopes staff share the same values, namely: mission driven, customer focused, results oriented, pioneering, sustainable and people-centred
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 40 countries worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Building and Quantity Surveyor – Consultant
Reporting to: Director Technical Services
Duration of contract: 7 days
Probationary period: N/A
- Working with Government of Nigeria and in partnership with other organisations, MSION provides family planning and other reproductive healthcare clinical services in under-served communities.
- Our goal is to improve access to family planning and related reproductive health services enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
- Sustainability rests in the delivery of commercially viable and funded work linked to national policy priorities. MSION has four strategic areas of intervention:
- Provision of FP and PAC services through MSION outreach programmes reaching the under-served
- Franchising a network of small scale private health care outlets under the Blue Star Brand providing FP and PAC
- The profitable marketing and sale of products related to FP and PAC
- Training and supervision to support increased FP and PAC services by public sector
About this Role
- MSION has 2 clinic Locations in Lagos, Surulere and Okokomaiko Area in Lagos, each of them located in residential areas, the clinic is one of MSION’s drive to reach and serve women of reproductive age.
- The Description of the proposed clinic is to serve and meet all emotional fulfillment of those that visit. The sense of fulfillment is what is required at the end of every visit.
- This role is a consultancy role that requires the employee to provide basic Cost estimates, Cost and Building schedule for the remodeling of these structures as will be described in the MoU to be signed with the Consultant.
Key Duties in Relation to the Responsibilities
- The Quantity Surveyor will provide capital cost estimates and hard facility operating costs (e.g. Construction, implementation, maintenance, energy and capital replacement, including but not limited to clinical, Janitorial, landscape) for the life cycle of the proposed new / remodeled facility. Accuracy of the estimates will be appropriate to the level of information available.
- The Quantity Surveyor will be expected to justify unit rates by comparison to similar recent projects and provide an opinion on cost escalation.
- In addition, if the Quantity Surveyor can provide operating cost information, it will be useful in developing the business case.
In detail, the scope of services is as follows:
- Provide an initial estimate for the cost of the facility based on concept plan information using comparable unit rates from similar facilities. The estimate should be suitable for use as a check on the project budget.
- Provide input into the assessment of the construction timeline for the Project and estimated time for completion.
- Assist in identifying project costs for each of the proposed procurement options.
- Provide an Excel version of both the capital cost estimate and life cycle cost estimate
- Provide advice and input as required in evaluating proposals received from the Project RFP process.
- During the design and construction phase, Quantity Surveyor services will be primarily to provide advice on the cost of changes as required.
- Develop a business case
- Design and share a Development or Cost Schedule
- Prepare a total project cost estimate to support the project’s business case. This estimate will approximate a “Class C” estimate and is expected to be accurate within +/- 15%. It will be based on an indicative design and functional program.
- Develop a life cycle analysis for the proposed building elements, typically over a 30 year period.
- Attend the risk workshops and provide inputs and ongoing support for the project’s risk analysis.
- Provide assistance as required in development of the RFP performance specifications for the project and attend team meetings.
The following is required:
- Understand the Duties of a Quantity Surveyor
- Understanding contractor Quantity Surveying
- Post 5 years’ experience working as a QS or BQS
- Registered Member of NIQS or Registered Builder or COREN
- Ability to seal all estimates
- Company must be registered
- Strong organizational abilities that enable you to manage your workload, follow through on objectives and meet deadlines
- Proven communications, presentation and negotiation skills.
- You must be able to “sell” the services that MSION offers in a way that attracts support and report clearly and without prejudice on outcomes
Successful performance at MSION is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. There are 13 key behaviours that MSION expects in all employees. Performance is measured against these. They are defined below:
- Initiative: Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Focus on Learning: Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Commitment: Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Driven: Drive and determination to deliver results
- Regular reporting will indicate ability to conceive, design and deliver on results
- Accountable: Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Embracing Change: Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Innovative: Thinking creatively so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Effective Communication: Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Team Player: Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
- Responsive Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Working Efficiently: Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing Information: Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and suitability statement as a single attachment to: [email protected]
- MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- The subject of the email should be the Position Title/Location and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 26th May, 2016.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.