Apply Now for Photography and Imaging Editing Consultant Job at Save the Children.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. Save the Children saves children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
CDGP Nigeria (Save the Children) is seeking the services of a professional photographer with experience in taking development work oriented photographs. The photographer will assist the organisation to document its various projects activities and success stories through photography. These photographs will form part of CDGP project/programme photo portfolio.
Under the supervision of the Knowledge Management Advisor, the photographer will be required to;
- To capture high resolution images of CDGP’s various programme/project activities in various parts of the country.
- Caption each photograph with specific details such as the location taken, name of the person (for portraits), activity and any other relevant information.
- Provide CDGP with at least 1000 high quality photographs on 2CD-roms and 32GB flash drive from all the project LGAs. The copyright for all these photographs remains with SCI/CDGP Nigeria.
- Review currently available case studies within the programme.
- To translate and reproduce English-voice over CDGP video documentary in Hausa.
Skills, experience and qualifications required
- Five years progressive experience as a photographer
- Experience taking photographs for development related agencies and projects
- Previous experience of working with SCI or any national and international NGOs.
- Availability and willingness to travel to Zamfara and Jigawa states; cognate field experience is required.
- Ability to work in close coordination with other team members.
- At least a degree or diploma or training in photo journalism will be an added advantage.
- Ownership or possession of a high resolution state of the art digital camera/equipment is a MUST.
The assignment will cover 20 working days.
The expected outputs will be:
- A collection of photographs (Jpeg and PNG versions) depicting CDGP’s work across its core programme areas – Cash transfer, One-on-One Counseling, Targeting and Enrolment, Food Demonstration, Exclusive breastfeeding, IYCF support group sessions, CHEWS Nutrition Education, beneficiaries (with significant story of change).
- A collection of sample photo essays of project beneficiaries of CDGP projects across all its core programme areas.
- Edited and captioned pictures to illustrate uploaded stories.
- Training report with agenda and training curriculum.
- Compendium of success stories from beneficiaries.
- Hausa-voice over CDGP Documentary Video (in CDs, 8GB flash drive and online-supported version)
The successful candidate will administratively be under the overall supervision and report directly to the Knowledge Management Advisor, and work collaboratively with the CDGP State project team in Jigawa and Zamfara states to deliver the assignment.
Submission of Technical and Financial Proposals
Interested applicants should submit their combined Technical & Financial Proposals to the address below not later than February 18, 2016 (17:00.)
All information pertaining to this project (documentary, digital, cyber, project documents, etc) belonging to CDGP, which the consultant may come into contact with in the performance of his/her, duties under this assignment shall remain the property of CDGP who shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever without written permission of SCI/CDGP in line with the national and International Copyright Laws applicable.
Contractual arrangements and supervision
The Consultant (s) will be hired under SCI terms of contract and managed by solely for the purpose of delivering the above outputs.
SCI/CDGP Country Office shall provide necessary support to the consultant in order to execute the assignment during the duration of the consultancy. These shall include:
- Access to relevant project documents necessary for execution of the duties under this consultancy;
- Provision of logistic arrangement to and within the project states.
Payment shall be made in three installments of;
- 20% upon submission of acceptable drafts; and
- 80% Final payment upon submission of the final outputs, incorporating suggestions and recommendations from CDGP.
CLICK HERE for more information.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.