CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
Apply Now For Save the Children Recruitment for Graduate Procurement Officers in Abuja. Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities.
In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
- The Procurement Officer in Save the Children International will be accountable for the procurement and delivery of local and international orders requested by the Programme teams.
- Specifically, the Procurement Officer will be responsible for ensuring timely, cost effective procurement and delivery of goods and services, which are compliant with Save the Children International Country Manual and donor procurement policies and guidelines.
Areas of Accountability
Contribute as a Member of the SCI Team:
- Manage the initial purchases process from request to invoice processing. Ensure procurement tracker is updated on a daily basis and also advise the organization on the best way to carry out procurement to ensure BVF, facilitating the acquisition of goods and services in a timely manner.
- Supporting a team environment of continuous learning, growth and development and be held accountable for their commitments.
- Ensuring that the focus of the organisation remains on the rights and needs of children through a time of internal transition and focus.
- Lead on the tender process for FWA contract and ensure completion in line with SCI Policy.
- Meeting the servicing requirements of Save the Children members and their donors through first class customer service and collaborative working approach.
- Improving outcomes for children through delivery of Save the Children global programme strategy and global initiatives and growth targets.
- Ensure a robust procurement system – fit for the future and harnessing the extraordinary engagement, diversity, talent and commitment of our people.
Realise world-class standard global supply chain services through:
- Management of all international procurement in line with programme requirements, SCI procurement polices processes and quality standards.
- Ensure that programmes are kept up to date of order status, and that goods are of the right specifications and lead times are met.
- Support periodic reviews of Save the Children Standard Products Catalogue in collaboration with relevant parties within SCI and Save the Children members, regions and countries.
- Support the SCI Logistics Unit in the development of contracts for supplies of goods and services.
- Ensure all orders are processed in timely manner, tracked on overviews and that all relevant documentation is filed appropriately and databases are up to date.
- Source new products when requested by programmes and work with Save the Children members, Regional and Country Offices, programmes and Technical Advisors through the Logistics Coordinator to identify quality standards as required.
Ensure significant cost savings for the organisation, donors and beneficiaries through:
- Ensuring “overall best value for money” is achieved through a competitive and transparent procurement process considering quality, availability, time frame, transport and storage costs.
- Advise on best sources of supply and freighting options.
- Support initiatives to improve procurement within save the Children, including around emergency preparedness, medical supply and process reviews.
- Ensure professional management of all suppliers including maintaining good supplier relations and supplier performance review against key performance indicators and framework agreements, regularly updating this information into national supplier database.
- Make suppliers aware of Save the Children values and their need to comply as part of agreements.
- Ensure compliance with SCI policies and donor rules and guidelines.
- Ensure all appropriate due diligence checks and risk assessments are carried out in line with organisational policies.
- Produce management information (Tracker) reports on a monthly and quarterly basis, including data analysis and recommendations on improving the efficiency of procurement services.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven and significant experience in international procurement and contract management, including an ability to review procurement demands and trends, and to develop strategies to fill identified gaps.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies including travelling at short notice and for extended periods of time
- Highly organised with good administration skills for order and information management, able to develop filing systems and databases to ensure an auditable trail.
- A high level of computer literacy (word, excel, ppt etc)
- Field level experience in logistics for INGOs in international development and emergency programmes
- Knowledge of key institutional donors and their compliance requirements in respect of logistics and procurement
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th June, 2016.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.