Apply Now For Senior Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Advisor Job at EngenderHealth – 2016.
EngenderHealth is a leading global women’s health organization committed to ensuring that every pregnancy is planned, every child is wanted, and every mother has the best chance at survival.
In 20 countries around the world, we train health care professionals and partner with governments and communities to make high-quality family planning and sexual and reproductive health services available—today and for generations to come.
The Fistula Care Plus project is a five year cooperative agreement, funded by the United States Agency for International Development and managed by EngenderHealth in collaboration with partners. It seeks to increase access to quality treatment services for obstetric fistula, improve prevention, strengthen the environment to support prevention, treatment and reintegration services, and to conduct research to improve the quality of services.
JOB TITLE: Senior Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Advisor
Reporting to the Project Manager, Fistula Care Plus, the Senior Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Advisor will be responsible for managing monitoring, evaluation and research activities for Fistula Care/Nigeria.
1. Provide overall technical leadership and oversight of monitoring, evaluation and research work in Fistula Care Plus /Nigeria.
2. Work with Fistula Care Plus/Nigeria clinical and program teams to develop the Project’s Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP).
3. Oversee implementation of the PMP including production and use of quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
4. In coordination with the project clinical team led by Deputy Project Manager, technically review all information produced by Fistula Care Plus /Nigeria and maximize its use in strategy and program planning, refinement and execution.
5. In consultation with the New York-based team and the clinical team oversee all local management and implementation of special studies such as the community fistula screening surveys, costing tool pilot, evaluation of community mobilization strategy, the presentation and dissemination of findings from the determinants of post-operative outcomes prospective study, and the duration of catheterization RCT.
6. Review and provide feedback on study protocols carried out in Nigeria, in compliance with EngenderHealth’s Evaluation and Research Standard Operating Procedures (E&R SOPs).
7. Oversee data use capacity building across Fistula Care PLus /Nigeria project and partner staff through use of the FC data for decision making curriculum.
8. Assure that evaluation and documentation of Fistula Care Plus/Nigeria activities are built into project expansion and all capacity- building efforts the project undertakes.
9. Initiate and maintain strong ties with all Fistula Care/Nigeria M, E &R partners including the MoH, National Health Research/Ethics Council (NHREC) State and LGA leadership/management, and site-level staff.
10. Represent Fistula Care Plus/Nigeria in National Technical Working Groups responsible for developing research related protocols and guidelines.
11. Supervise Data Coordinator, as well as monitoring, evaluation and research consultants and interns.
12. Travel 30% of time for field based technical assistance.
13. Other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- • Master’s degree in a field related to epidemiology, biostatistics, monitoring and evaluation of international health and development programs.
- • A minimum of 10 years of work experience in M,E&R working on international health projects.
- • Experience designing and conducting operations/applied research.
- • Experience providing technical assistance on the use of data for planning and decision making.
- • Familiarity with working in USAID-funded contracts or cooperative agreements preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- – Strong analytical skills;
- – Excellent computer skills, with particular knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word in addition to statistical applications (e.g. SPSS, Stata, Epi Info); knowledge of qualitative software packages desirable.
- – Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- – Excellent organizational skills.
- – English fluency required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities and is committed to diversity for all employees. EngenderHealth does not consider race, creed, ancestry, nationality, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, status as a disabled or any other characteristic or protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment, benefits, staff development, training, promotion and any other employment conditions.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.