Apply for Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) Vacancy for a Medical Coordinator
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The association leads in average 190 projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 5 million people in 20 countries – in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe and France.
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Report to: Head of Mission
- The Medical Coordinator is responsible for the success of the mission’s medical strategy and the quality of current and future medical programmes at the definition, implementation and evaluation phases.
- He/She provides support to health programme managers who report to them on the basis of a dotted-line relationship.
- In the context of health activities opening, the Medical Coordinator strongly support the team for the development and the implementation of medical protocols according to the national and international recommendation in order to insure the quality of medical care provided in the primary health centre facility and the Mobile Health Clinics supported by PUI.
Task and Responsibilities
- Strategy: Working alongside the Head of Mission and cooperating closely with the field coordinator, he/she contributes to the development of new medical initiatives for the mission. He/She carries out epidemiological monitoring for the country and analyses strengths and weaknesses from the point of view of public health.
- Human Resources / Training: He/She support the medical team (PUI employees), provides regular capacity building and trainings according to the needs, provides support to programme managers for recruiting technical staff and supervises technical training activities on the basis of identified needs.
- Logistics and Administration: He/She ensures the activities for which he/she is responsible comply with logistical and administrative procedures.
- Safety: He/She contributes to compliance with safety rules within the mission and communicates any safety-related information to the Head of Mission. He/She ensures healthcare is provided for expatriate staff involved in the mission.
- Programmes: He/She ensures that medical programme(s) are in line with PUI’s health policy and monitors them for quality and efficacy.
- Representation: He/She represents the association to partners, authorities and local stakeholders involved in implementing medical programmes. He/she actively attend health working group and coordination mechanisms for health intervention.
Training and experiences
- Medical training OR Paramedic training
- Public health
- Medical internship
Knowledge and skills:
- Good written communication skills
- Knowledge of project management
- Pack Office
Required Personal Characteristics
- Ability to work independently, take the initiative and take responsibility
- Resilience to stress
- Proactive approach to making proposals and identifying solutions
- Ability to work and manage professionally and maturely
- Ability to integrate into the local environment, taking account of its political, economic and historical characteristics
- Diplomacy and open-mindedness
- Good analytical skills
- Organisation and ability to manage priorities
- Required: English
- Desirable: French
- Employed with a Fixed-Term Contract – 12 months
- Minimum duration of commitment: 12 months
- Starting date: November 2016Salaire / Indemnité
- Monthly gross income: from 2 200 up to 2 530 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
- Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy: 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (Resume and Cover Letter) to “Romain Gautier, Human Resources Officer” for Expatriates, at: [email protected] with the following subject: (MedCo-NGA).
Application Deadline 30th November, 2016.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.