British High Commission Recruitment 2017 for Deputy Press and Public Affairs Officer
British High Commission, British High Commission Recruitment 2017, Apply for Ongoing British High Commission Recruitment, How to Apply for British High Commission Recruitment – See more details below;
British High Commission Recruitment 2017
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below
Job Title: Deputy Press and Public Affairs Officer
Grade: B3 (L)
Type of Position: Full-time
Working hours per week: 37.5
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Subcategory: Communications, Press and Media
Main Purpose of Job
- This is a 6 month role providing maternity leave cover working as the digital media lead within the Communications Team.
- Duties will include, but will not be limited to, designing text and audio-visual material for use on the BHC media channels, and working with a broad range of media stakeholders to deliver HMG messages.
- The main objectives are to deliver and implement a range of communications tasks to support and project the objectives of HMG in Nigeria.
- The successful candidate will also provide tailored communications planning support to HMG departments working on the BHC platform.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the British High Commission Abuja webpage and digital media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter
- Keep a well organised electronic library of photos and audio/visual files for use in publications, productions or for release to the media
- Design, implement, monitor and assess impact-driven cross HMG communications strategy that include effective positioning, stakeholder engagement and advocacy to create and leverage communications opportunities;
- Initiate and maintain effective relationships with key constituencies (i.e. donors, civil society, academia, business, government agencies, etc.) to identify opportunities for possible strategic partnerships and to strengthen the UK Government overall effectiveness and image;
- Photograph and record BHC and other HMG departments’ activities as required
- Monitor digital, print and broadcast media for issues of interest to the UK mission in Nigeria
- Maintain an up-to-date database of media contacts for the BHC, including staying engaged with a broad range of international and domestic journalists
- Prepare draft news releases for the press
- Work with Abuja-based HMG departments, including British Council, DFID, UKVI to establish and implement appropriate campaign plans and to ensure that HMG communication is coordinated
- Provide briefing and media handling support to the High Commissioner and other senior officials as required
- Monitor and analyze current events and opinion in the media and with CSOs to identify and flag topics of interest or reputational risk related to the UK Government in Nigeria; and
- Ensure up to date content and quality assurance on the UK in Nigeria digital platforms including the website and social media platforms.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Thorough knowledge of social media, including the ability design strategy and analyse usage in order to shape BHC engagement and to focus campaigns
- Appropriate work experience in a media, marketing, advertising or public relations role
- Excellent analytical, writing, communication and presentation skills
- 3 to 5 years experience work experience in a media, advertising, marketing or public relations role
- Familiarity with messaging for digital diplomacy
- Strong collaborative skills including professional and confident communication with external stakeholders and team members
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Evidence of maintaining effective professional networks of contacts
- Evidence of designing and delivering communications plans
- The ability to work as part of a busy, creative team, as well as willingness to provide support to team members when needs be
- Familiarity with messaging for digital diplomacy
- Resilience, flexibility and ability to deliver quality under pressure and strict timelines
- Project or event management/experience
- Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service
Starting monthly Salary
Application Start Date
1st February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 20th December, 2017.
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about British High Commission Recruitment 2017, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.
MOST RELATED POST
Tags: British High Commission, British High Commission Recruitment, British High Commission Recruitment 2017, Deputy Press and Public Affairs Officer at British High Commission, Ongoing Recruitment at British High Commission