British American Tobacco Recruitment for Entry Level Merchandisers.
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
British American Tobacco is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Merchandiser (Other Areas)
Job number: 14132BR
Appointment type: Permanent
Job Purpose and Key Deliverables
- You will be a member of the Trade Marketing & Distribution department, which is responsible for the implementation of the route to market strategy. This includes ensuring product availability, visibility, volume, margin, quality and retail pricing are properly implemented and monitored.
- The job is also about identification of new opportunities and the initiation, development and deployment of trade programmes.
Your day to day activity is to;
- Ensure the effective and efficient execution of marketing activities in the defined territory and extended coverage area
- Achieve volume and distribution targets through direct selling (Top-up stock), management of the rural wholesale customer and monitoring of van sales.
- Improve the company’s corporate image by operating at the highest business ethics, environmental, health and safety standards using the IMS as a guide
- Serve as part of a ‘Tactical Response Team’, positioned to address situations arising within the market, as well as business needs. In this regard, direction to be provided by Area Manager, TMDM or Regional Manager
- Execute basic TM&D activities in the outlets located within the territory in order to meet company objectives as described in the cycle plan (visibility, availability, freshness, consumer contacting etc)
Your people responsibility will be:
- Supporting Rural wholesale business expansion by providing Trade marketing support for the DSS rep attached.
- Engaging local government officials, transport/ traffic agencies and other stakeholders to avoid disruption of BAT operations in the defined rural territory.
- Supporting Van Reps to achieve high performance by developing new routes and giving TM&D support to existing outlets.
- Candidate must have an OND from any reputable polytechnic.
- Knowledge of redistribution concept, business reporting and communication
- Fluency in English
- Driving Skills
- Should have basic Selling, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of developing and maintaining relationships with consumers, retailers and semi wholesaler
- Knowledge of Rural towns and road networks is desirable
- Understanding of the local languages in territory is a plus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 27th January, 2017.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.