Apply Now for British American Tobacco Vacancy for an Engineering Support Services Manager.
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
British American Tobacco is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering Support Services Manager
Job number: 14252BR
Appointment type: Permanent
The role holder will be responsible:
- To manage the Factory Utilities Department whose main duties are to provide Engineering Services (Technical/Maintenance of Infrastructures/Hardware Systems etc) to support manufacturing and administrative activities in factory.
- To drive acquisition and replacement of Material handling equipment as well as workshop tools. Capex execution
- To manage key services contract. (Welding and fabrication, Forklift maintenance, Painting and carpentry work…)
- To manage contractors allocated to services department on efficient manner.
- With the management of services and processes that support the core business of the organization, making sure that the organization has the most suitable working environment for its employees and their activities.
- To effectively provide services (Material handling equipment, building, water, steam and gas pipelines maintenance)
- Effectively manages the department’s expenditure and assets within the agreed budget
- Responsible for providing Engineering Services: To provide the factory site with small scale engineering works.
- To set up targets in accordance with Co plan and factory top team, and ensure all agreed targets are achieved: (Manufacturing Cost/Quality/Waste/EH&S/etc)
- Develop, submit and control relevant budgets (Opex and Capex)
- Ensure full compliance to fleet policy
- Ensure full compliance to regulatory and statutory requirements
- To ensure compliance to BAT Guidelines as well as conformance with local legislation regarding buildings and fire safety – for the factory site, as well as the department.
- Supplier management to assure service quality and conformance to BAT standards and guidelines
- To drive for productivity and efficiency gains in services provided
- Develop safe, healthy and good working conditions and maintain high standards of housekeeping within BAT sites
- Ensure no breaks in production due to factory services failure
- Facilitate fixed assets verification and disposal in order to maximize utilization of equipment.
- To maintain a professional and well-motivated team, ensuring appropriate training and development to ensure succession for all key positions.
- Ensuring all members of the teams has development plans & regular performance discussions.
- To work with internal departments and contractors, in order to ensure the low level of down time
- To develop an environment which seeks continuous improvement, from ideas which come from not only within the department but the rest of the factory and other BAT locations
- To lead the development of the local manufacturing strategy, to support and implement the cluster strategy. To roll out and communicate aligned vision, so that people are engaged and inspired (using the Line of Sight process)
- Regularly holds meetings with team members to communicate monthly results, company news & changes, projects and discuss action plans for the next month
- Identification and coaching of people with potential to grow
- Professional qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Proven management experience acquired in industry
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…)
- Ability to take clear decisions in different and difficult situations with a high degree of innovation.
- Experience in contract management and good negotiation skills
- Good English language skills – both verbal and written
- Proven leadership experience
- Good communication and management skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th February, 2017.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.