British High Commission Recruitment for Post Security Manager 2019 | Application Guide and Requirements
British High Commission Recruitment for Post Security Manager 2019 | Application Guide and Requirements.
This page will guide you on latest information about how to apply for British High Commission job offers in Nigeria for graduate and undergraduate. In this article, you’ll learn about the company description, application skills, requirements and qualifications. Interested applicant should follow the lead outline below for successful application.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of
disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Post Security Manager
Grade: C4 (L)
Type of Position: Part-Time
Working hours per week: 36.5 hours
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory: Security
Main Purpose of Job
- Aiding the UK Regional Overseas Security Manager to manage the operation of Post security and the running of the Security Team along side the UK Regional Security Manager, Abuja and the Regional Overseas Security Manager Expeditionary
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working with and supporting the UK Based ROSM with every aspect of operational security, taking command of physical and asset security aspects in his absence and providing advice and guidance to all of the Security Team’s Customers.
- Working with and supporting the ROSM detailed with the management and implementation of all expeditionary movements within Nigeria and other regional African Countries.
- Meeting with and liaising with senior management to determine the design, writing and implementation of policies and procedures that serve to protect everyone working in the British High Commission and within all of the associated Domestic Villages where Mission staff live, in particular the Post Security Regulations.
- Ensuring that the whole of the Mission estate is secure and safe, through inspections, implementing physical security measures, and provision of general advice relating to physical and asset security management.
- Providing strong communication to all members of staff in relation to personal safety, Post Security Regulations and security trends that may cause concern from time to time. A mixture of e-mail, presentations and training will be the way to ensure communication is strong.
- Being the focal point between Mission Security and Guarding Contract Management. Evaluating immediate problems and working together to resolve issues that impinge upon Security Team Customers. Checking on a regular basis that the SOPs are current and relevant. If required, agreeing KPIs.
- Where necessary, line manage other staff working within the Security Team.
- Conduct regular patrols and carry out security checks of the Residence, Villages and work locations to ensure an auditable quality control over estate security.
- Manage the relationship between the Mission and relevant Nigerian policing agencies, in particular the MoPol Command, through regular meetings, discussion and mails. Ensure that the Diplomatic Police provided are effective and efficient to ensure the safety of our staff at all locations. Where required, negotiate provision of additional policing to fit the security needs of the time.
- Provide and manage induction briefings for all new staff. Ensure that all literature is distributed and full details of incumbents are passed to and processed by administration.
- Create a solid network of like-minded security managers working in Diplomatic Missions or established well known commercial enterprises in order to be able to share intelligence and attain assistance on specific security matters, trouble shoot and maintain up to date, relevant security information.
- Conduct drills for emergency response and maintain a record of the dates and lessons learned. Where required, take ownership of specific areas of security and safety as part of PSM duties.
- Together with the Contract Security Manager, ensure the efficient and effective running of the Security Operations Room. Ensure that systems are fit for purpose, understood and used correctly. Ensure that Contractor has provided full SOPs and training and that regular continuation training is provided.
- Assisting and in some cases managing the visits of VIPs to the Mission by creating necessary plans and time tables, liaison with involved parties and obtaining assistance from Local Nigerian Authorities.
- When required, managing emergencies that affect BHC staff and families. These include planned drills. Ensuring that emergency alarm systems are fully functional and understood by staff. Maintaining the internal emergency safe zones and the external Muster Points.
- Responsible for recognising any breaches of security committed by any member of staff and reporting same through the existing security breach process. Assisting those who have committed breaches to understand the issues, provide clear guidance and ensure lessons learned.
- Create a rapport with ESD London ensuring the best possible communication. Take responsibility for the recording and reporting of incidents that occur at Post.
- Being the responsible person to initially review all financial issues, invoices, corporate requirements that relate to the budget of the Security Team.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
- 1 Staff member + £ 30,000
- Language: English; local dialects an advantage
- Level of language required: Advanced
Essential qualifications and experience
- Security Certificate/Diploma or higher from a recognised international institution. Fully able to work in and manage a team. Ability to communicate at all levels. At least five years of working within a security environment within a Diplomatic Mission or equivalent.
- Full Driving Licence
- Desirable qualifications and experience.
- Desirable:Any relevant security or safety qualifications
- Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Starting Monthly Salary
Other benefits and conditions of employment
- Mainly Monday to Friday flexible Mission Hours
- Requirement to adjust those hours to make site visits at times between 16.00hrs and 06.00hrs
- Total weekly working hours 36.5
- There are likely to be times when extra working hours are required. These hours will be compensated by TOIL
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Successful candidates not resident in Country will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
- Complete the application form in full as the information provided will be used for screening purposes.
- Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.
CLICK HERE for more information.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: australian embassy jobs in nigeria, british council nigeria vacancies, British High Commission, british high commission abuja address, british high commission job application form, British High Commission Recruitment, British High Commission Recruitment for Post Security Manager, canadian embassy jobs in nigeria, canadian high commission vacancies, which embassy in abuja is recruiting