Christoffel Blinden Mission Recruitment 2019 | CBM Application Guide and Requirements.
Christoffel Blinden Mission Recruitment 2019, In this article you will get latest updates on Christoffel Blinden Mission Recruitment 2019, recruitment requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates for free. See more details below;
Christoffel Blinden Mission (CBM), is a Christian international development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world irrespective of race, gender or religious belief.
We hereby invite reputable research organizations and or suitably qualified research fellows for the positions below:
1. Job Title: Knowledge Management and M&E Officer
Reporting to: The Country Office Program Manager
- The Knowledge Management and M&E Officer will be responsible for leading the implementation of the monitoring evaluation and learning strategy and systems for the programme, and project-specific M&E plans in line with donor requirements.
- S/he will also provide technical leadership for the programme in the area of knowledge management, including learning.
- S/he will support the country office Programme Manager and provide technical support on M&E to the implementing partners in all CBM project states, developing capacity where needed.
- Knowledge Management and Monitoring & Evaluation, documentation and dissemination of learning.
- Lead implementation of the monitoring, evaluation and learning strategy and systems, and project-specific M&E plans that meet CBM and donor requirements.
- Maintain management information systems and procedures, and quality assurance systems and tools, in collaboration with project director, finance manager and technical advisors.
- Lead the planning, implementation and documentation of programme research and learning
- Lead the maintenance and development of the programme knowledge management system.
- Collaborate with disability inclusion advisor, consortium and cluster members, partners and other colleagues to ensure that knowledge management processes, programme monitoring, evaluation and learning include women, men and children with disabilities.
- Capacity building and mentoring of programme team and project partners in knowledge management including learning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Develop material for communications based on the collection of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Programme Management Support:
- Support the production of quality deliverables to the donor and CBM following donor guidelines, including reports, proposals, assessments, evaluations, newsletter articles, case studies, etc.
- Establishment and effective functioning of monitoring, evaluation and learning systems for CBM Programme Portfolio in Nigeria Programme
- Establishment and effective functioning of programme database and knowledge management system, capturing detailed data on all children referred through the programme
- Expanded capacity of partners and CBM programme staff in knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Other relevant assigned duties, as necessary.
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Health or Management related field
- 4 + years relevant experience in an M&E and/or Knowledge Management role.
- Strong expertise in monitoring and evaluation of complex projects, including M&E system set-up and implementation, documentation and dissemination of learning, quantitative and qualitative data analysis, research design, project management cycle, social inclusion
Relevant Knowledge and Work Experience:
- Experience in reporting on complex projects to international donors;
- Experience working in M&E and learning, and/or programme management in the health sector an advantage;
- Expertise in leading and developing knowledge management processes;
- Experience of managing databases;
- Work experience in insecure environments;
- Knowledge of MS Navision and MS SharePoint solutions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), with advanced proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of database software
- Knowledge and experience of programme management in development context is an added advantage.
Competencies and Skills:
- Ability to think and solve problem creatively
- Developing others
- Capacity building and mentoring skills related to knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation
- Managing performance
- Strong coordination and time management skills
- Customer orientation
- Ability to work towards tight reporting deadlines
- Result orientation
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and organization skills
- Building collaborative relationships
- Ability to work in a team
- Persuasive communication
- Strong oral and written communication and demonstrated ability to produce high quality documents
- Technical expertise
- Strong numeracy skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative data analysis and research skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English, including public speaking. Fluency in spoken and written French will be an added advantage.
- Nationality Applicants must be of Nigeria nationality
2. Job Title: Baseline Consultant
Background of Project
- The project aims to improve the health and resilience of vulnerable communities in the North-Eastern States of Nigeria affected by the Boko Haram crisis.
- In particular, the project plans to support and strengthen inclusive Health and WASH services as well as inclusive humanitarian response in the targeted communities in a continuum with the previous emergency intervention which took place during the acute phase of the crisis.
- A growing number of IDP returnees are leaving the IDP camps or their host communities, and are heading back to their original communities where essential health and WASH services have collapsed.
- The project plans not only to re-establish a basic provision of health and WASH services in targeted communities but also to ensure that such services – as well as in general the whole humanitarian response – are fully inclusive of all vulnerable groups and in particular of persons with disabilities.
Baseline Study Objectives:
- The purpose is to conduct a baseline assessment for the project on current situation of infrastructure (health facilities/services, boreholes) and the uptake of eye health, mental health and WASH services across selected settlements/communities in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states. This is to establish baseline parameters for the BMZ Transitional Aid project.
The specific objectives for this assignment will be:
- To assess access to quality and inclusive health services (eye health and mental health services) in CBM target communities including availability of equipment and infrastructure
- To assess access to disability inclusive WASH services in target communities
- To assess the knowledge and awareness, attitudes and practices of target communities on WASH
- To assess the level of inclusion of persons with disabilities by civil society and political actors and their participation in their activities in the target communities
Scope and intended use:
- The baseline is intended for the project team, community members and stakeholders (government, non-government, etc) as well as CSOs to understand the current situation and gaps for improving the lives of commuity members and their families.
Specific Responsibilities of Consultant
The Consultant shall:
- Conduct a literature review with a view to develop data collection tools for the evaluation
- Develop evaluation protocols and take the lead in executing baseline evaluation using agreed methodology and data collection tools
- Participate in the training of research assistants/enumerators who will be saddled with the responsibility of collecting data
- Participate in and supervise data collection and conduct quality assurance of the data collection process.
- Conduct data management of collected data and submit draft report to CBM.
- Present findings to CBM, its partners and other stakeholders for validation and feedback
- Compile baseline evaluation report, taking into account feedback from presentations and submit three bound copies, data collection materials, a soft copy of the report and analysis outputs.
The baseline will adopt a flexible approach to data collection which may include the use of qualitative and quantitative methods. Other methods could include; desk review of all relevant documents concerning the project (project documents, reports etc.), focus group discussions, one-on-one interviews to gather relevant information across various stakeholders at various levels. At the conclusion of the field work, the consultant will analyse the data and produce the baseline report with recommendations.
- An Inception Report in English submitted electronically. This report should clearly outline the approach (sampling framework, data collection strategy, methodologies, evaluation ethics process, quality assurance process etc.)
- Soft copy of baseline report that is clear, simple, concise and free of jargons, with main body not exceeding 30 pages (inclusive of executive summary and recommendations). Technical details should be confined to appendices, which should also include a list of key informants, number of FGD sessions and the evaluation team’s work schedule.
- Presentation of baseline study findings to key stakeholders.
- Soft copy of primary quantitative and qualitative data collection tools and description of the process of development of the tools
- Soft copy of fully “cleaned” datasets of all collected data in two formats; xls and SPSS or STATA format.
- Interested person must have cognate experience in development, implementation and assessment of public health interventions with evident capacity in conducting baseline assessments, surveys for health and WASH related projects using qualitative and quantitative methods.
- A minimum advanced degree in Public health, development, social science or other relevant fields.
- Minimum of eight years of evaluation experience including relevant experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Excellent analytical and research skills with demonstrated technical report writing skills
- Ability to provide strategic recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including ability to facilitate and work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience in disability inclusive development (DID).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to clearly synthesise and present findings.
- Ability to draw practical conclusions and to prepare wellâ€�written reports in a timely manner.
- Ability to speak local languages.
3. Job Title: WASH Consultant
The consultant is expected to:
- Develop construction specification for inclusive and accessible motorized and hand-pumped boreholes in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe.
- Support CBM implementing partners to ensure that only qualified firms are selected for the construction of the accessible boreholes, including contract preparation.
- Monitor the construction of the boreholes across the project states to ensure that the agreed specifications are strictly adhered to. These include; technical design and programme of work (detailed engineering design), preparation and compliance with the necessary permits and approvals, supervising and ensuring quality in the construction, rehabilitation, commissioning and turn-over of the WASH activities of the project.
- In collaboration with RUWASA, work with CBM implementing partners to train selected community members (WASH committee) on borehole maintenance.
- Provide WASH technical advice to CBM and Partners and to the communities and local stakeholders with or through the partners.
- Undertake and provide the necessary support to CBM and Partners for the fulfilment of the WASH activities of the project in accordance with CBM and partner agreed standards.
- Maintain records of activity inputs, outputs and outcomes and other monitoring data, and work closely with the CBM Programme officer/Manager to ensure rigorous reporting.
- Work with the Disability Inclusion Officer to ensure that all accessibility issues are fully taken into account and with the partners, ensure the participation of persons with disabilities in decision making about WASH issues.
- Support CBM with attending WASH working group meetings (Not compulsory.
- The consultancy team will comprise the expertise listed below. Considering the fact that one person is not likely to possess all the required expertise needed for the successful completion of the assignment, the candidate is at liberty to offer the option of a team. In case of an option of a team, the candidate will describe the human resource profile (including expertise, human resource number, days allocated, tasks allocated, team leader) of the team in the technical offer.
- Degree in Water Engineering/Architecture
- Sc. is an added advantage
- At least 10 years’ experience in construction, particularly borehole construction.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in WASH programme implementation
- Understanding of disability-inclusive, gender-sensitive development
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Good understanding of the public health needs of poor rural communities and of appropriate ways of tackling them. The consultant must be aware of and sensitive to the particular needs of persons with disabilities, women and children in this context.
- Practical experience in a development or emergency context in appropriate water supplies, sanitation, hygiene promotion and environmental sanitation will be an added advantage
- Understanding of monitoring processes, learning, adaptation and evaluation.
- The ability to present concise reports, sometimes at short notice, reflecting the problems and possible solutions for particular situations with good written and spoken English. The consultant will be expected to have his/her own computer.
- Well-developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
- Diplomacy, tact and administrative skills in order to work with people at managerial or senior government levels. The consultant should also be at ease in working with local communities and a diverse team of NGO partners and staff.
- Be familiar with and abide by CBM’s Code of Conduct, Child safeguarding policy and other regulatory codes.
- Willingness to work in insecure environments and a high level of adaptability and initiative.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and ability to speak Hausa is an added advantage
Management of the consultancy and logistics:
- Professional Fees. The fee of the consultant will be negotiated based on the candidate’s profile. Payment of professional fees will be made on a monthly basis upon submission of invoices by the consultant, supported by their approved accomplishment reports. CBM will deduct withholding tax from the consultancy fees as mandated by the government.
- Incidental Costs / Operating Expenses: Incidental costs/operating expenses shall be liquidated against a cash advance separately, and will only include transportation, accommodation and meals during official travel in line with CBM’s approved rate and with proper documentation.
- Personal Insurance: The consultant shall procure and be responsible for his/her own insurance coverage at his/her own cost.
- To fulfil the aforementioned, the consultant will have extensive, extended and frequent travel to the project locations in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe
- The consultancy shall be for an initial period of 6 months with the possibility of an extension. Consultant(s) will be required to report to work on each work day of the week, unless otherwise agreed with CBM. (Detailed timetable would be worked out jointly by the consultant and CBM).
How to Apply
Interested consultants should submit a detailed expression of interest (technical and financial proposal) with the following components:
- Understanding of the ToRs
- Proposed methodology and work schedule
- A profile of the consultant including full name, physical addresses, telephone number(s).
- Copy of CV(s) of consultant(s) who will undertake the feasibility study
The application should be sent to: [email protected] titled “Statement of Interest: “Job Title” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 21st February, 2019.
- CBM will review applications on a rolling basis and might award contract at any time.
- Qualified female candidates and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- All consultants must adhere to CBM’s values and commit to CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
- CBM is an equal opportunities employer, and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about Christoffel Blinden Mission Recruitment 2019, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.
MOST RELATED POST
Tags: apply for Christoffel Blinden Mission Recruitment, CBM, Christoffel Blinden Mission, Christoffel Blinden Mission Recruitment, Christoffel Blinden Mission Recruitment 2019, Christoffel Blinden Mission Recruitment 2019 | CBM Application Guide and Requirements, How to Apply for Christoffel Blinden Mission Recruitment 2019, Job vacancies at Christoffel Blinden Mission