Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Community Worker Officer 2018.
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking for its Health team in Monguno, to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Community Worker Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno State
- Under the direct supervision of the Health Community Team Manager, the Community Worker Officer is responsible for the set-up and activities development of the community health network; and all community health intervention and outreach approach as based on PUI Health intervention strategy in supported catchment area of PHCC and other priority assigned areas.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Lead the scale up plan for developing the community health network in the areas assigned in the project intervention framework.
- Lead the implementation process of the tracking system for referrals from the community to the PHCC and liaise with the Health Field Officer for the activities related to referral with the PHCC (e.g. follow up special cases, immunization drop outs).
- Ensure that Community Health Workers have the necessary information on the referral system and provided services and properly understand the activities to be implemented in the framework of the project.
- Responsible of provision of trainings to Community Health Workers on thematic of public health importance for the community and relevant aspects for the collaborative work with the community health workers, nurses and midwives.
- Responsible of the all community health interventions and activities defined, s/he follows up on the master work plan together with the Team Health Community Manager.
- Report immediately any difficulty or delay faced in the implementation of activities to the direct manager.
- Cooperate with MEAL Department to conduct any MEAL related activities (such as surveys, field feedbacks, and lessons learnt exercise among others).
- Liaise with the IM Officer to make sure data registration is accurate on hard and digital copies
- Supervise Community Health Workers and ensure the timely implementation of their activities.
- Coordinate the work of all Community Health Workers: work plans, progress toward targets, and frequency of submitting collected data.
- Ensure coordination with PUI Staff and stakeholders concerning community intervention activities.
- Support Community Health Supervisor and Community Health Workers in improving their performance.
- Routine field visits to monitor Community Health Workers activities.
- Continuously collect feedback from Community Health Supervisors and Community Health Workers
Logistic & administration:
- Define the needs in materials and tools required to conduct trainings, health campaigns and outreach activities.
- Organize and coordinate training sessions: venue, attendees, and support materials.
Reporting & Data collection:
- Collect and report information on identified cases from community Health Workers.
- Identify the number of assessed individuals by the Community Health Supervisor and Community Health Workers progress towards assigned target.
- Document and report training sessions and feedback from participants.
- Responsible of compile and report to the direct superior data on a weekly, monthly, quarter and annual basis or upon request.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English, Hawsa, Kanuri (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: University – level in health field –qualification in public health or related field an asset
- Work experience: Proven experience in NGOs.
- Computer Skills: Excellent knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Good knowledge of Community Health
- Excellent experience in conducting trainings and monitoring teams
- Excellent communication (especially in public) and diplomacy skills to manage relationship in potentially tense situations
- Literacy in reporting, experience in conducting surveys
- Work in relief, interest for social issues
- Excellent communication, conflict solving and diplomacy skills to manage relationship in potentially tense situations
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Well organized and hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able to check information, logical
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 21st May, 2018.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Apply here for Community Worker Officer at Premiere Urgence Internationale, Premiere Urgence Internationale, Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment, Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment 2018, Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Community Worker Officer, PUI