Conciliation Resources Nigeria Recruitment 2017 | Apply for Ongoing Conciliation Resources Nigeria Recruitment – www.c-r.org
Conciliation Resources Nigeria Recruitment 2017 | Apply for Ongoing Conciliation Resources Nigeria Recruitment – www.c-r.org.
Conciliation Resources Nigeria Recruitment – Conciliation Resources is an independent London-based organisation working with people in conflict to prevent violence, resolve conflicts and promote peaceful societies.
We believe that building sustainable peace takes time. We provide practical support to help people affected by violent conflict achieve lasting peace. We draw on our shared experiences to improve peacebuilding policies and practice worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below;
Job Title: Northeast Nigeria Security Consultant
- Conciliation Resources has been working to support peacebuilding initiatives in Nigeria since 2011. Conciliation Resources and our local civil society partners work in conflict affected communities to empower youth to be positive agents for change, build community cohesion across societal divides and support communities to have the confidence and space to engage and collaborate with government actors to improve community security.
- Over the past six years much of our work has focused upon Plateau State in the Middle Belt of Nigeria. However, we have recently developed a new stream of work, which takes the experiences and lessons from our previous initiatives and adapts it to the context in northeast Nigeria.
- We are currently involved in supporting efforts in two Local Government Areas (LGAs) in each of the two target States (Borno and Yobe). This work is implemented in close partnership with two local NGOs, which are based in Damaturu and Maiduguri respectively.
- By providing important security guidance on minimising risks/threats to Conciliation Resources and our local partner NGOs, this consultancy will help facilitate the implementation of project activities.
We are currently seeking a consultant to conduct a comprehensive assessment of the key risks/threats to the safety and security of Conciliation Resources’ and local partner NGOs’ personnel, premises and assets in Borno and Yobe State, Nigeria and to provide advice, guidance, practical and implementable recommendations on risk reduction and mitigation measures to respond to the identified risks/threats that support the safe implementation of project activities.
Scope of Consultancy
- Undertake a context analysis of Borno and Yobe States, with a particular emphasis on the project’s target LGAs, which should include incident mapping, current risk analysis, a summary of existing external security mechanisms and sources of reliable and timely security updates.
- Review Conciliation Resources’ current security operating procedures for staff visits to northeast Nigeria (no staff based in northeast Nigeria) and make practical recommendations to minimise any gaps and weaknesses.
- Engage with local partner NGOs to understand their current security guidelines and collaboratively draft a security procedure for each of them taking into account their current capacity (training, resources and infrastructure).
- Identify local partner NGO capacity needs (training, resources and infrastructure) and agree with them how they should be addressed over time.
- Liaising with representatives from State security services, UN organisations and relevant NGOs to build closer working links, communications and backup plans and identify opportunities for collaboration on safety/security issues.
- Using scenario planning, explore and recommend different options in case evacuation from the area is needed.The consultant will report to Conciliation Resources’ West Africa Programme Director.
- The report will be shared with Conciliation Resources Executive Management Team and may well be shared with the Board of Conciliation Resources who has ultimate responsibility for the safety and security of all staff.
- The consultant should produce reports and updated draft organisational policies covering the areas identified above and is expected to present the findings to Conciliation Resources’ West Africa Programme Director.
- 10-15 days
- Conciliation Resources is looking for this consultancy to be undertaken as soon as possible with the final report and debrief expected to be delivered at the very latest by 29 September 2017, though earlier would be appreciated.
- Currently based in and with the right to work in Nigeria.
- In-depth understanding of the conflict and security situation in northeast Nigeria.
- Track record of conducting high-quality security assessments, preferably on behalf of non-profit organisations working in complex operating environments.
- Strong communication skills and a proven track record of producing written documentation in English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified organisations, individuals or consortia should send heir applications, which should include the following below to: [email protected]
- A short proposal (2-page maximum) outlining your suitability for the position, your approach to delivering the consultancy requirements and a proposed timeframe;
- An itemised budget outlining total costs, including professional fee (no more than 15 days) and expenses associated with the delivery of the consultancy (e.g. travel costs to Maiduguri and Damaturu);
- Your CV(s) (3-page maximum per CV).
Note: Proposals will be reviewed upon receipt and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Applications Deadline: 17.00 BST (London), 21st August, 2017.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about Conciliation Resources Nigeria Recruitment 2017, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also feel free to ask any question pertaining to this guide.
What’s your take on this? I urge you to use this same opportunity to share this information across to others using our Facebook, twitter or Google+share button below.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Apply for Ongoing Conciliation Resources Nigeria Recruitment, Conciliation Resources Nigeria, Conciliation Resources Nigeria new jobs, Conciliation Resources Nigeria Recruitment, Conciliation Resources Nigeria Recruitment 2017 | Apply for Ongoing Conciliation Resources Nigeria Recruitment - www.c-r.org, how to apply for Conciliation Resources Nigeria Recruitment, latest job opportunities at Conciliation Resources Nigeria, www.c-r.org