CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
ACTED Recruitment for Consortium Coordinator 2018.
ACTED Job Vacancy for Consortium Coordinator … Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development is recruiting for Consortium Coordinator. The ideal candidate must possess at least 5 years of experience in Project Implementation on the field.
Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED) – Since 1993, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France, is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 34 countries towards 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
In response to the emergency situation in Nigeria, ACTED recruits to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consortium Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration 12 months
Starting Date: ASAP
- Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential
- ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential
- We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,300 national staff 300 international staff, ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries.
- Protect and promote the vision, mission and interests of consortium partners towards external stakeholders;
- Represent the consortium toward the donor(s) and government authorities and therefore communicate with the donor(s) and government authorities;
- Where relevant, expand the donor portfolio of the consortium by tracking funding opportunities
- Attend government, UN, NGO and donor meetings and present ongoing consortium activities;
- Ensure the visibility of the consortium amongst humanitarian, donor and government actors throughout the project;
- Effectively manage coordination with other actors (UN, NGOs) intervening in a similar sector;
- Ensure the continuum of consortium PR activities, including formal presentations, engaging media for coverage on success stories, updating project-specific and regional fact sheets, and documenting publications featuring the consortium in the media;
- Oversee the consortium’s communication activities including media visits, photographer’s mission, videos, etc.;
- Lead the drafting and dissemination of position papers, statements, reports and releases on the consortium’s engagements and humanitarian advocacy.
- Effectively manage partnerships between the different parties of the consortium to ensure smooth collaboration;
- Ensure regular and open/transparent communication between consortium partners;
- Regularly communicate with consortium Country Directors on project activities;
- Convene and chair regular (e.g. monthly, quarterly) consortium steering committee meetings to discuss programme and financial issues, disseminate minutes and follow up on action points;
- Carry out weekly catch ups with consortium key focal points.
- Support the development and maintenance of a coherent consortium strategy across all partners;
- Promote harmonization of approaches and methodologies across all consortium partners by developing and monitoring use of common tools, as well as creating opportunities for experience sharing and learning;
- Coordinate the development of all technical tools related to the consortium’s project (ToRs for consultants and evaluators, ad hoc reports, capitalization reports…);
Project Cycle Management:
- Project Planning:
- Define project implementation modalities and methodologies (including, but not limited to technical specifications, identification and registration of beneficiaries, distribution and sensitization);
- Organize project kick-off and close-out meetings;
- Together with the Project Managers of consortium partners, plan the various stages of project implementation and set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives.
- Project Implementation Follow-up:
- Oversee and monitor the work of consortium and local implementing partners, ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project implementation;
- Support the Project Managers of each partner to implement all aspects of the project;
- Conduct regular follow-up of work plans, identify and address any delays in a timely and effective manner;
- Monitor output achievement, cash burn rates and ensure a timely completion of the project.
- Project Quality Control:
- Conduct periodic field visits to validate progress reports, identify problems and issues to address during Consortium Management Team meetings and make recommendations for improvement;
- Ensure the project progress is effectively monitored through regular data collection, analysis of indicators and activities and documented with proper sources of verification;
- Advise consortium Project Managers to adapt implementation of the project according to monitoring and evaluation findings;
- Advise on and assist with project reviews conducted by internal and external monitoring and
- Terms of Reference – Consortium Coordinator December 2016 evaluation team;
- Coordinate and put in place a program capitalization system in collaboration with each focal point from each consortium partner.
- Grant Management:
- Ensure that contractual obligations are met in terms of project deliverables;
- Ensure the activities are implemented according to the approved donor and partnership agreement;
- Ensure that donor rules and procedures are understood and respected by all parties, sharing information and conducting training if required on proposed systems and processes for consortium management;
- Develop a reporting schedule that is agreed by all consortium members;
- Ensure external reporting for all the consortium members according to donor and ACTED requirements is respected by all according to agreed deadlines;
- Collect and consolidate narrative reports from consortium members for donor reporting;
- Prepare documentation for any project modifications, including budget revisions, amendments or extensions. Ensure such changes are made in close consultation with the consortium partners;
- Together with the Country Finance Manager, manage and negotiate any budget changes in accordance with donor and ACTED HQ criteria.
- At least 5 years of experience in Project Implementation on the field, preferably in an international context;
- Being a strong team player
- Familiarity with the aid system, and ability to understand donor and governmental requirement;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills
- Ability to coordinate and manage staff and project activities
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Ability to organize and plan effectively
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people;
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure;
- Fluent English skills required
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience is an asset
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid; educational level, expertise, hardship, security, and performance are considered for pay bonus
- Additional monthly living allowance
- Free food and lodging provided at the organisation’s guesthouse
- Transportation costs covered, including additional return ticket + luggage allowance
- Provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application including Cover Letters, CV’s and references to: [email protected] under Ref: “CC/NIA”.
Application Deadline: 12th July, 2018.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google +.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.♦ Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE. Only 15 Product Remaining - Hurry Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.