Apply Now For Creative Associates International Inc. Job for an Assessment Specialist.
Creative Associates International Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments.
Creative Associates International Inc is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Assessment Specialist
Req No: ASSES01629
Job Type: Full Time
- Creative is seeking an Assessment Specialist for an anticipated donor-funded project in Nigeria aiming to enable more effective state and non-state systems to deliver foundational skills to all children
- The Assessment Specialist will work closely with the technical teams to provide technical guidance and support field activities to improve teachers’ ability to use continuous assessment and assess their progress; improve reading standards and benchmarks; and strengthen school monitoring practices
- S/he will also work closely with the Ministry of Education (MOE) in the areas of student assessment.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position reports to the Assessment and Standards Advisor.
- Design and facilitate training and other professional development activities to expand and improve Grades 1 to 4 and Grades 5 to 8 Mother Tongue and English teachers’ use of continuous assessment;
- Use assessment data to guide changes in instruction and other educational practices;
- Provide leadership in the development of simple school report cards for use with school communities;
- Support the adaptation, design, and administration of the Early Grade Reading Assessment;
- Support the MOE partner organizations in the review and revision of reading standards and benchmarks for grades 1 to 4;
- Integrate reading standards and benchmarks and relevant student assessment-related content into the project-related workshops, trainings and other events and ensure its wide dissemination;
- Ensure synergy among the project ’s technical teams in the areas of continuous assessment, school monitoring, and standards and benchmark-setting;
- Lead the preparation of protocols and Terms of References for assessment needs;
- Collaborate with MOE and partners in the area of student assessment and in result sharing.
- Conduct periodic documentation and/or case studies to measure impact of activities;
- Maintain an up-to-date catalog of all assessment results and tools in electronic and hard copy of data files;
- Support in the preparation of quarterly and other regular reports; and
- Other tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Educational Qualification in Assessment, or related fields;
- At least 10 years of general experience and five (5) years of experience in measurement, evaluation and student assessment;
- Expert knowledge in reading instruction required;
- Demonstrated experience in measurement, evaluation and assessment report writing;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required;
- Knowledgeable about USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred;
- Professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English; and
- Basic Information and Communication Technology skills for data collection, analysis and report writing.
CLICK HERE for more information.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right about Creative Associates International Recruitment 2019, kindly provide us your phone number and Email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google+
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.