Current Jobs at SHELL, Port Harcourt for General Practitioners (Family Physician).
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies, operating in more than 70 countries. Our aim is to meet the energy needs of society in ways that are economically, socially and environmentally viable, now and in the future. Our focus on innovation and technology has made us a leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of refined petroleum products and has us ranked amongst the top 50 most innovative companies in the world.
SHELL is recruiting to fill the position below:
IMPORTANT! Currently, Shell recruitment form 2020 is not yet out online, DISREGARD any form of advert you come across. This page will be updated immediately the form is out.
Job Title: General Practioner (Family Physician)
Auto req ID: 37255BR
Location: Port Harcourt
- Provides comprehensive quality, medical services to company staff and registered dependents in an efficient manner
- Leadership role in the medical team, providing general /specialist input as appropriate toward the development of procedures and protocols for optimization of services
- Plan, implement or administer health programmes and illness prevention activities to ensure that stakeholders adopt healthy lifestyle and prevent disease
- Ensure suitability, availability and serviceability of all equipment needed to provide routine primary care
- Contribute to the development of policies/guidelines and management protocols for the promotion of best practice in the clinic
- Performs minor surgical procedures commensurate with surgical competency
- Refers patients to the appropriate specialist when necessary for patients’ wellbeing
- Participate in prompt emergency medical response in order to render care and prevent disease and injury
- Provide tools and implement interventions to staff and eligible contractors, designed to ensure a healthy, high performing workforce and business
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, dependents and colleagues
- A commitment to lifelong learning and audit to ensure evidence-based practice and maintenance of patient safety and quality standards.
- Support HSE activities in the Department so as to embed a preventive culture among staff
- Identifying risks involved in work activities within the ambit of his/her role and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks. Reporting potential risks identified
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery Degree ( MBBS, MBChB, BMBCh or MD)
- Must have a postgraduate specialist training in Family Medicine/ General Practice (Fellowship of the West African College of Physicians in Family Medicine (FWACP), Fellowship of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria ( FMCFM) )or its equivalent such as: Membership of Royal College of GPs, Royal College of General Practitioners (MRCGP) Fellowship of the Royal College of General practitioners (FRCGP) Certification by American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) Certification in the College of Family Physicians (CCFP) Canada.
- Fellowship/membership must be registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN)
- Current Full Registration with a National Medical Licensing body e.g. Nigerian Medical & Dental Council (MDCN); General Medical Council (GMC), etc.
- At least five years’ experience post fellowship qualification.( FWACP, FNCFM, MRCGP, FRCGP etc)
- Good Leadership and Management experience
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment with diverse patient population would be a definite advantage.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.