Dental Therapist/Technician Job in a Dental Clinic in Abuja – January, 2017.
Eden Solutions & Resources Limited – Our client, a modern dental clinic located in the heart of Abuja, requires for immediate employment the service of a very competent and professional Dental Therapist/Technician.
Job Title: Dental Therapist/Technician
- The job has several intertwined components revolving around the work of an expanded duty of a Dental Therapist and Dental Surgery Assistant.
- The candidate will be required to carry out both duties. For qualified Dental Therapist, this aspect of job will not start till we are satisfied you are able to do dental assisting satisfactorily. Consequently, you will be placed on an intensive (at least) one month on the job training on Dental Assisting.
- The Dentist and the Snr Nurse must be satisfied you have grasped the elements of this before you are allowed to carry out Therapy duties.
The General Responsibilities Include;
a) Assisting the Dentist to carry out treatment and all it entails. This entails chair side assisting, keeping clinical records, charting and stock keeping, maintaining the surgery, the equipment and instruments, being kind and sympathetic as well as educating patients, etc.
b) Carry out standard Therapist clinical duties including manual scaling and Ultrasonic cleaning, giving good Oral Hygiene instruction and dietary advice to patients.
c) Carry out expanded clinical duties prescribed and delegated by the Dentist (after appropriate training) such as Fissure sealing and extended duties after relevant training. Dispensing and instructions on drugs and medicines, post-surgical advice to patients.
d) Responsible for calling and inquiring on the welfare of patients who have had extensive or difficult treatments.
e) Ethical Marketing of Oral Hygiene Aids.
f) Liaising with the Laboratory to make sure jobs are ready on time. A register to be maintained, checking your list each day and bringing out or organising for appliances for fitting to be ready.
- · A degree or diploma in dental therapy from any accredited tertiary institution.
- · 2 to 5 years on the job experience
- · The candidates must behave in a professional manner at all time, and be a team player.
- · He or she should not be a clock-watcher as we do have emergencies walking in at the end of the day and must be attended to.
- · Should be resident in Abuja or willing and able to relocate to Abuja.
An excellent emolument package will be offered to the right candidates
Application Deadline: January 31, 2017.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.