=>> CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
ECOWAS Recruitment for Physics Teacher.
ECOWAS Job Vacancy for Physics Teacher… Economic Community of West African States is recruiting for Physics Teacher. The ideal candidate must possess a minimum Bachelor’s degree in Physics or other related science courses.
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Physics Teacher
Location: Republic of Liberia
Category: ECOWAS International Volunteer
Type of Contract: ECOWAS Volunteers Programme. Non-Family Position
Expected start date: 1st September 2018
Duration: One (01) year, renewable (depending on budget availability and satisfactory performance)
- The ECOWAS Youth and Sports Development Centre (EYSDC), was created by the Decision A/DEC.13/01/05 of 19th January 2005 at Accra, Ghana as a specialized Agency of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
- At the 32nd session of the ECOWAS Summit held in June 2007, the Heads of States and Government adopted a new approach to regional integration by approving a new global vision called the ECOWAS Vision 2020. The principal objective of this vision is to move the Community from an «ECOWAS of States» to an «ECOWAS of Peoples» by the year 2020.
- Consequently, the EYSDC implements her policies, activities and strategic action plans, as well as the ECOWAS vision in the areas of youth and sports, including the ECOWAS Volunteers Programme. The EYSDC’s objective is to initiate, develop, coordinate and implement youth and sports programmes within the Community. To this end, it works to:
- Mobilise the different segments of the population to ensure their integration and effective participation in the social development of the region, as well as the promotion of youth organisations and professional associations to ensure maximum participation in the activities of the Community;
- Provide a permanent institutional framework within ECOWAS through which issues related to Youth and Sports activities in the sub-region can be developed and promoted.
Organizational Framework of the Centre
- The Youth and Sports Development Centre (EYSDC) is one of the Directorates under the Social Affairs and Gender Department of the ECOWAS Commission. It is based in Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso) under the headquarters agreement signed between the Burkina Faso authorities and the ECOWAS Commission.
- Decision N° A/DEC 13/01/2005 of 19th January 2005 had adopted the organizational structure comprising of four Divisions (Youth, Sports, Administration and Finance, and TIC). However, since 2008, the Centre has undergone some structural modifications following the transfer of the ECOWAS Volunteers Programme (EVP) from the Political Affairs, Peace and Security Department of the Commission (CPAPS) to the EYSDC, under the Social Affairs and Gender Department.
- The EVP is centralized in organisation, but decentralized in its application to allow for flexibility and adaptation to the current realities of each country. The strategic directions, including the formulation of the overall vision, goals and objectives of the Programme, is the responsibility of the Regional Coordination Council (RCC), whose role, among others, is to ensure that the EVP becomes a genuine voluntary arm of ECOWAS.
- Being a cross-cutting programme, the ECOWAS Volunteers Regional Coordination Council (RCC) includes representatives of relevant departments of the ECOWAS Commission. The RCC is chaired by the Commissioner for Social Affairs and Gender of the ECOWAS Commission. She is assisted by the Director of the ECOWAS Youth and Sports Development Centre (EYSDC), as Alternate Chairman of the RCC.
- The executive arm of the RCC is the Regional Office, provided by the EYSDC in Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso). The programme’s regional coordination activities are coordinated by a Regional Coordinator under the supervision of the EYSDC Director. Although the EVP is under the Youth Division of the EYSDC, it is directly supervised by the EYSDC Director for effectiveness.
- At the National level, the National Coordination Council (NCC) serves as the national body through which national policy guidelines for the Programme are given. This Council works towards the understanding and entrenchment of the Volunteer Programme in the national environment. It also serves as advisor to the country office, which is responsible for the coordination of the Programme at national level. The NCC is chaired by the Head of the ECOWAS National Office in the country. It is made up of Focal Points/Representatives of the various ministries, Civil Society Organisations, United Nations Agencies and local youth associations involved in the implementation of the Programme at the National level.
Duties and Responsibilities
The ECOWAS Volunteer Physics Teacher will work directly with the Ministry of Education of Liberia and undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
- Follow schemes of work for Physics at all Key Stages
- Ensure the effective/efficient deployment of classroom support
- Ensure a high quality learning environment within the physics area
- Ensure discipline and encourage good practices with regard to punctuality, behavior, standards of work and homework
- Promote aspects of Personal Development related to Physics
- Update professional knowledge and expertise as appropriate to keep up to date with developments in teaching practice and methodology, in general, and in the curriculum area of physics
- Evaluate and monitor the progress of students and keep up-to-date student records as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree in Physics or other related science courses.
Experience and Other Skills:
- At least two years of teaching experience
- Knowledge of post conflict community will be an advantage
- Ability to live and work in remote places.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sense of initiative and anticipation
- Knowledge of volunteerism is an asset
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Being proactive and enterprising (taking initiative);
- Good computer skills – Office Suite;
- Good inter-personal skills
- Perfect command of the English language (written and oral) is mandatory.
- Knowledge of any other official language of ECOWAS (French or Portuguese) will be considered an asset / advantage
Conditions of Service
- An initial contract for 12 months will be offered with a basic Monthly Living Allowance of 412.5 USD or its equivalent in local currency.
- At the beginning of the assignment, and only where applicable, a settling-in grant will be paid, and a resettlement grant will be provided at the end of the assignment. Where applicable, air transport from home country to the duty station and return at end of mission is also provided.
- A life and health insurance cover for the incumbent of the position will be provided.
- Other conditions of service as stipulated in the EVP Management and Administration Manual and Handbook of Conditions of Service shall apply.
- The position is open to nationals of all ECOWAS Member States, aged not more than 38 years by the date of recruitment.
- An international ECOWAS Volunteer cannot serve in their own country of origin.
- This position is considered a non-family ECOWAS International Volunteer position.
- ECOWAS is committed to promoting gender equality and equity. To this end, female candidates are strongly encouraged.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE (MS Word) to download the Job Application Form, fill it and send it as an e-mail attachment together with the required documents listed below, to: [email protected]with the title: Application for the Post of Physics Teacher on the subject line.
Composition of Application
- A signed letter of application/motivation addressed to the EYSDC Director;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting specific skills and experiences of the candidate;
- Certified copies of certificates, diplomas and work certificates;
- A criminal/police record of less than 6 months.
Application Deadline: 18th July, 2018.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google +.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.