Entry-level Distribution Sub-Station Operators (DSO) at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Entry-level Distribution Sub-Station Operators (DSO) at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC).
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence.
The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Distribution Sub-Station Operator (DSO)
Advert Code: IE-2016-12-081076398219
Reporting To: Load Coordination Specialist
- Regulates flow of electricity through substation of electric power system and over distribution lines to consumers:
- Records readings of switchboard instruments to compile data concerning quantities of electric power used for substation operation and amounts distributed from station.
- Inspecting, operating and maintaining substations and distribution apparatus consistent with safety regulation.
- Controlling equipment such as Current converter, Voltage transformers and Circuit breakers to regulate the flow of electricity through substations and overhead distribution lines to customers
- Reporting outages, load data to load dispatcher and receiving switching instructions
- Switching and maintaining sub-station equipment for proper operation.
- Performs switching operations in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Maintains daily operating log on all operations, both routine and emergency, and reports on line outages and weather conditions.
- Recording hourly readings of indicating and integrating meters, and changes, marks and checks charts of recording instruments.
- Issues protective tags through established safe clearance procedures for all equipment in the network and substation
- Periodical and regular inspection of station both inside control room and outside in the switch yard to determine proper operation of facilities and maintain security
- Records temperature of transformers at specified intervals.
- Prepares the equipment for operation and starts, stops and controls the units, adjusting the load and voltage and accessory regulating equipment as required.
- Observe switchboard instruments to detect indications of line disturbances, such as grounded, shorted, or open circuit.
- Analyzing problems to determine type of repairs necessary and informing appropriate personnel.
- Notes changes in load and make routine adjustments to meet such changes without immediate supervision. Reports unusual situations to appropriate quarters.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Line Manager
- National Diploma (OND) in Electrical/Electronics Engineering with at least 0-2 years’ experience
- Knowledge of technical handbooks, standards specifications and best practices
- Power Industry Knowledge
- HSE Knowledge
- Good Communication
- Analysis and Reporting Skills
CLICK HERE for more information.
IMPORTANT! Currently, IKEDC Recruitment Application Form is not yet out online, DISREGARD any form of advert you come across. This page will be updated immediately the form is out.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.