Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Field Coordinator 2019.
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, nonprofit, nonpolitical and nonreligious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordinator
Location: Monguno, Borno
- As part of our actions in Nigeria, we are looking for a Field Coordinator at Monguno.
- Under the supervision of the Head of Mission, and through delegation of his/her authority, the Field Coordinator has the overall responsibility for the proper implementation and operational direction of PUI’s projects/programs in his/her geographical area of intervention.
- The Field Coordinator also monitors the context to ensure programming is relevant and responsive to priority needs. In this capacity, the Field Coordinator is also responsible for representing PUI publically at the field level, including incoordination fora, with other agencies, and for providing the direct link in communications between the Field Team and the Country team.
- Lastly, the Field Coordinator provides security management of his geographical area and ensures all safety and security measures, including contingency plans and standard operating procedures.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- The Field Coordinator has responsibility for the overall timely delivery of PUI’s programs portfolio in his/her geographical areas of operations (including the sub-offices).
- The Field Coordinator with the support of the operational/technical coordinators concerned has overall responsibility for proper delivery of programs and the smooth running of support services in his/her geographical area of intervention.
- He/She also has the delegation of the Head of Mission for the safety and security of good and people under the responsibility of PUI in his/her area of intervention.
- The Field Coordinator is at the source of program development and operational positioning in his/her geographical area of intervention, in line with PUI country strategy and in conjunction with programmatic and operational technical coordinators.
- The Field Coordinator, as member of the Country Management Team, contributes to the fulfillment of the aims and objectives of PUI’s presence in the country through other tasks as required and/or directed by the Head of Mission.
Training and Experiences
- Project Management
- Training in public health / Agriculture / Water, sanitation / other…
- Financial Management
- Minimum 1 year experience in security Management
- Minimum 3 years experience in the international humanitarian field (including management of health & nutrition activities)
- Software: Pack Office, very strong proficiency
- Required Personal Characteristics (fitting into the team, suitability for the job and assignment):
- Ability to work independently while taking initiatives and showing a sense of responsibility
- Ability to withstand pressure
- Sense of diplomacy
- Analytical skills
- Capacity to adapt and showing organizational flexibility
- Organization, rigor and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work and manage affairs professionally and with maturity
- Ability to represent the activities and the mandate of PUI before local authorities
- Ability to integrate the local environment into operations, in its political, economic and historical dimensions
- Ability to work with various partners, in a spirit of openness, and with adaptable communications strategies
- Strong listening and negotiation skills
- Good people and communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and level-headed
- General ability to resist stress and particularly in unstable circumstances
- Mobility: Extensive travel may be required
- English Mandatory
- French desirable
- Fixed-Term contract – 6 months
- Starting Date: May 2018
- Monthly Gross Income: from 2 200 up to 2 530 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI.
- Cost Covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home/mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily Living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy: 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
CLICK HERE for more information.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Apply here for Field Coordinator at Premiere Urgence Internationale, Premiere Urgence Internationale, Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment, Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Field Coordinator