Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Graduate Finance Officer 2018.
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking for candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno State
- The Finance officer has to assist the AdminManager in all the activities related to finance and cash management.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Treasury & Cash Follow-up:
- To manage the petty cash
- To do daily physical inventory of the petty cash with the Admin Assistant, and report any discrepancies to superior
- To insure availability of cash at base level and forecast any cash issue
- To prepare and follow up the pay-outs and advances, within established guidelines
- To prepare and validate any checks done at base level
- To monitor due dates for payments of contracts
- To organise the good process of regular payments
- To guarantee security of the cash and confidentiality of information
Finance & Accounting Management:
- To check, before recording any entry, that the invoices are compliant with PUI’s regulations and procedures
- To record all expenses in the excel books on a daily basis, and to properly fill in the information needed (date, accounting code, project, budget code, etc.)
- To participate in the consolidation of budget follow-ups and cash forecasts at base level
- To prepare the weekly financial forecast of the base, compile it, and send it to the Admin Manager for validation
- To be in charge of the monthly closing, revision and accounts for the base
- To issue vouchers, and to properly archive the invoices and Saga vouchers in dedicated files, as per the donors’ rules and regulations.
- To collect all invoices exempted from the VAT
- To issue a monthly With Holding Tax report
- To prepare the bank reconciliation at the end of each month
- To check and to be responsible for following up the program payments if applicable
- To be responsible of the preparation of the annual closing documents for the base.
- To assist in the preparation for the external audit visits (donor and coordination visits)
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department
- To be able to respect the monthly accountancy calendar
- To implement successfully mobile payment to reduce cash payment as much as possible
- To insure the accountancy hard copies quality
- To implement successfully the withholding tax report and payment
- Language skills – Fluent in Haussa/ English, Kanuri is appreciated
- Education degree – University degree in Finance, Accounting, or another relevant degree
- Work experience – Minimum 1 year of experience in a similar position (NGOs/private companies)
- Knowledge and skills – Good analytical and writing skills
- Computer skills – Good knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Outlook. Excellent in Excel
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Accounting and finance
- Well organized
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Knowledge of humanitarian actors
- Good management and pedagogical skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 21st May, 2018.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Apply here for Graduate Finance Officer at Premiere Urgence Internationale, Premiere Urgence Internationale, Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment, Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment 2018, Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Graduate Finance Officer