Adexen Recruitment Agency Recruitment for Group Head, Supply Chain 2018.
Adexen Recruitment Agency Job Vacancy for Group Head, Supply Chain… Adexen Recruitment Agency is recruiting for Group Head, Supply Chain. The ideal candidate must possess Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields.
Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, a key player in Transportation and Logistics industry, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Group Head, Supply Chain
Job Reference: 1458
Industry: Logistics & Transport
Function: HSE & Security
- Lead overall supply chain strategy and execution, including vendor selection, procurement, forecasting, production planning, delivery and warehouse management.
- Examine existing procedures and streamline activities to meet product distribution, storage, inventory and customer needs.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and implement alternate methods to increase efficiencies, product and process quality, reduce costs and improve overall service.
- Develop systems and train team members to use those systems to forecast demand and track all materials to include finished goods, packaging materials, and raw materials.
- Develop target inventory levels for all materials and ensure that on hand quantities are within the company’s target levels relative to forecasted demand.
- Evaluate the accuracy of past forecasts showing increase in accuracy of forecasts over time, and reduction in inventory levels relative to production volumes.
- Analyze sales, inventory, and production trends to identify and implement actions that will increase order fill-rates, reduce on-hand inventory levels, reduce product age, and reduce wasted product or labor.
- Receive inventory accurately and in a timely manner, verify product quality using appropriate technology, and maintain necessary records.
- Maintain the quality of inventory by using proper storage equipment and procedures and first-in-first-out procedures.
- Ensure the completion of accurate and timely inventory counts.
- Communicate with team members and internal and external clients regarding material delivery and distribution and accuracy of inventory records.
- Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, provide performance feedback and discuss production forecasts or changes
- Develop, select and qualify suppliers. Manage bids, negotiate contracts with suppliers and manage contracts for product delivery.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement.
- Lead negotiation efforts for major contracts.
- Participate in existing and new product planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches.
- Works effectively across the organization to ensure successful execution of supply chain support on many integrated efforts
- Develop and manage materials planning function for goods and materials needed for company operations.
- Create item specific forecasts over a rolling time horizon to be used for ordering and inventory management purposes.
- Create integrated processes among operations, purchase, logistics, and outside suppliers to execute the planning and replenishment process.
- Identify systems tools needed to implement planning/forecasting systems while leading reengineering efforts as it relates to supply chain planning and execution systems.
- Manage and supervise staff tasked with creating material requirement plans and/or forecasts.
- Establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning/forecasting.
- Performs life cycle cost studies.
- Defines integrated logistics support requirements.
- Prepares estimates, schedules and support system inputs.
- Coordinate development of solutions to complex logistics support problems with other product support functions, customers and suppliers.
- Develop and implement supplier contracts, problem resolution and cost containment.
- Develop strategies, policies, procedures, and overall team to optimize value of the entire function in creating a world class materials management group.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or related field of study. Master’s degree or MBA will be preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience and training with the last 3 – 4 years in a Supply Chain Leadership role.
- Proven leadership skills in building and managing large teams with a history of world class success.
- Certifications from CPM, CPIM, CSCP, APICS and other relevant bodies are strongly preferred.
- Project Management certification (PRINCE2, PMI etc.) would be an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of Information Technology is required.
- Proficient knowledge of transport and logistics management, contract management and the links between supply chain and value chain.
- Proven skills in strategy development and execution.
- Proven ability to make excellent fact based decisions based on calculated risk and critical thinking.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google +.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.