Danish Refugee Council Recruitment for Head of Support Services 2018.
Danish Refugee Council Job Vacancy for Head of Support Services… Danish Refugee Council is recruiting for Head of Support Services. The ideal candidate must possess Post graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting professional qualification.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Support Services
Contract type: Expatriate contract
- The Head of Support Services will offer overall direction and management of all support services in DRC Nigeria.
- The Head of Support Services will ensure the consolidation of effective and efficient support services in the areas of finance, administration, IT, human resources, procurement and logistics.
- He/She will play a key role in developing and implementing country specific strategies as well as devising, implementing and improving operational systems, processes and policies in support of DRC’s mission in Nigeria, in line with DRC international and regional operational standards and procedures.
- Ensure DRC and donor financial regulations, procedures and documentation requirements are adhered to in DRC country operation.
- Provide overall financial planning support to Head of Nigeria Programme, advise on spending and financial spending strategies, provide accurate financial outlook of the programmes on a regular basis.
- Ensure inputs to budget development and guidance on overall financial management support to the budget holders.
- Check the integrity and robustness of financial procedures, possible mismanagement and suggest corrective actions to minimise losses.
- Provide training and mentoring to finance staff to develop capacity in the country offices.
- Implementation of a functioning, real-time master budget tool to Senior Management Team, and programme managers.
- Regulation and monitoring of the overall spending in the programme, cost sharing and administrative cooperation between projects and personnel.
- Active engagement as a member of the senior management team once suspecting or having discovered any signs of budgetary disparity, fraudulent activity, or administrative problems.
- Ensure implementation of NAVISION financial management system at country level.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial and administrative reporting to external parties, and to the headquarters.
- Management of transparent and effective interaction with banks and other financial institutions, and agreements with authorities favourable to DRC and its beneficiaries.
- Monitoring and regulating the movement of cash, liquidity management, the bank transactions and transfers, and the other personnel involved, beyond the set of internal controls.
- Ensure that all necessary agreements, permits and licenses necessary for DRC‘s operations (including VAT exemption) are in place and keep updated on national Administrative rules and regulations pertaining to the activities of DRC.
- Administrative leadership over effective implementation of the relevant aspects of the country strategy, ensuring procedural and system compliance, and paving way to organisational growth.
- Direct management of administrative and finance personnel at manager level, indirect management of the officers in field offices, and monitoring the conduct of other staff in relation to the rules and policies of DRC.
- Ensuring a timely and quality delivery of administrative and financial operations and services, through sound recruitment, firm internal controls and reporting, effective coordination between projects and personnel, will be essential.
- Facilitation of continued learning and improvement through training, coaching, and communication amongst personnel, and organising sessions for self-evaluation and goal-setting.
- Ensure that effective HR policies are in place and implemented that are in line with DRC international and regional procedures and Nigerian labour law.
- Upholding and championing of the Code of Conduct among the personnel at country office and in field locations through personal example.
- Ensure a proper management of the payroll system Homère compliant to DRC regional HR policies is in place.
- Ensure a well-functioning staff complaint reporting and handling mechanism is in place.
- As a member of senior management team, ensuring that agreed measures for safety and security are in place and adhered to by all staff, including but not limited to the upkeep of MOSS standards, security and evacuation plans, and staff movement.
Logistics and Procurement:
- Provide supervision to country procurement and logistics inclusive of related information management and maintenance, requests for quotations, quality control and ensuring the set procedures are followed.
- Supervise country procurement and logistics personnel, and ensuring logistics team’s close cooperation with the admin/finances, human resources and programme departments to facilitate rapid delivery of appropriate relief items.
- Monitoring procurement procedures and ensuring that items are accounted for and quality/quantity controlled in stock reports and asset inventory management system.
- Providing support to the Nigeria Logistics Manager in timely management and updating of all logistics reports and information as required by the organisation.
- Ensure proper guidance to Nigeria Logistics Manager in establishing vehicle and equipment maintenance/repair schedule and value-for-money services to the vehicle fleet/equipment.
- Ensure maintenance, dissemination of procurement and logistics reports on observations concerning staff conduct/performance and use of organisation’s assets; and DRC/DDG monthly reports on fuel, inventory, and equipment maintenance/repair and in stock reports.
- Take a leading role, with the regional office, in the application of DRCs new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tool to be piloted in 2017 and launched in 2018
- Ensure standardization and compatibility of all DRC Nigeria IT and communications equipment to ensure effective management and control and the minimum requirements for launching the ERP tool
- Develop a network with other INGOs on support system related topics and ensure a proactive communication with all relevant stakeholders.
- Share and coordinate administration and finance related information with the Head of Programs and other staff, and attend any internal coordination meetings.
- Liaise with donors and government officials, especially as relates to issues of compliance, registration and audit.
- Ensure timely communication with Regional Office and HQ, Project Managers and Sector leads in Nigeria concerning all issues related to finance, administration, HR, procurement and logistics.
- Reports to the Country Director, Nigeria, and technical supervision from the RHoSS in the Regional Office in Abidjan
- Manages the Support Service Coordinators/Managers (Finance, HR and Supply Chain)
- 7 years INGO or other international agencies experience in finance or operations management in international humanitarian programmes, including a demonstrated ability to set up operational management systems in a large programme and direct experience of delivery of humanitarian programme in an emergency response.
- Excellent knowledge in reviewing major international donor reports and knowledge of major donor rules including UNHCR, WFP, ECHO, EC, DFID, DANIDA and USG.
- Possess strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Proven management and leadership skills.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English is required.
- Post graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting professional qualification such as ACCA or CPA, Procurement and supply chain management is desired.
- Proven commitment to accountable practices. Knowledge Navision financial software will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience in setting up systems in a new country programme is an asset.
- Knowledge of working in challenging and insecure environments.
- Proven ability to manage large varied workloads and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- Proactive, stable and robust character and a good team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations at all levels.
- Commitments: DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework into the work of DRC
- Availability: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Yola, Nigeria with frequent travel to DRC offices in Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe states.
- The position is a non-family duty station
- Contract: 2 years contract dependent on both funding and performance.
- Salary and conditions in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Global Expatriates. This position is graded as A9.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 24th June, 2018.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google +
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.