How to Apply for African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) Recruitment 2020.
African Union (AU) – The advent of the African Union (AU) can be described as an event of great magnitude in the institutional evolution of the continent.
On 9.9.1999, the Heads of State and Government of the Organisation of African Unity issued a Declaration (the Sirte Declaration) calling for the establishment of an African Union, with a view, inter alia, to accelerating the process of integration in the continent to enable it to play its rightful role in the global economy while addressing multifaceted social, economic and political problems compounded as they are by certain negative aspects of globalisation.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: African Union Youth Volunteer Corp (AU-YVC)
The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC), established in 2010, is a continental development program that promotes youth volunteerism in Africa. The program aims to deepen the status of young people in Africa as key actors in Africa’s development targets and goals, enhancing their participation in policy development as well as design and implementation of relevant interventions towards the AU Vision of ‘the Africa we want’.
It brings people together to share skills, knowledge, creativity and learning to build a more integrated, prosperous and peaceful Continent driven by its citizens. The volunteering opportunities are intended to build professionalism and a sense of responsibility among the participants, thus enhancing their employability.
Young African Professionals are recruited to serve for a period of 12 months as AU Volunteers in an AU Member States other than their own. The next intake of volunteers for deployment in 2017 will be 02nd – 22nd August 2016.
Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
- Citizen of AU Member State or African Diaspora;
- Age 18 – 33 years;
- Has a post-secondary certified qualifications (TVET, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
- Available to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
- Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
- Is proficient in at least one official AU language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese);
- Has at least one year verifiable volunteering experience and one year professional work experience.
Eligible Fields of Qualification
For the next intake of AU Youth Volunteers, the following fields of qualification and expertise are required:
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Diverse Natural Science Fields
- Environmental Management
- Gender Studies
- Human Resources Management
- Human rights
- International relations
- Political Science
- Space Science
- 23rd August – eligibility Check;
- 15th September: Successful applicants will be notified;
- 15th October – 01st November: AU-YVC pre-deployment training;
- 2017: Deployment of trained volunteers.
For the successful candidates, the African Union Commission and partners will cover the full costs of their pre-deployment training and cost of their deployment. On deployment, the African Union Youth Volunteers receive the following:
- Economy return air ticket from home town to place of deployment
- A modest monthly stipend
- Health insurance cover
- Separation allowance on successful completion of twelve months
How to Apply
- Read carefully the information on the website
- Build Your Profile
- Attach the following:
- Scanned copy of identity page on your passport
- Highest qualification degree
- Letter of Recommendation
- Submit application (latest before the closing date above)
- Late applications and applications that do not contain all requested documents will not be considered
- Those who have applied before are requested to re-apply.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.