HR Specialist Job Description – Are you interested in applying as an HR Specialist? this article will shed more light on all you need to know about this job position, ranging from the job description to the salary information of an HR Specialist.
Job Description of an HR Specialist
An HR Specialist helps an employer find job candidates who are most qualified to meet the organization’s needs. He or she recruits applicants, reviews resumes, conducts interviews, and performs background checks. The HR specialist may also inform applicants of their acceptance or rejection.
An HR Specialist often goes beyond recruitment and hiring. An HR specialist may orient new employees by explaining company or organization policies, procedures, and benefits. Some HR specialists also have other duties including benefits administration and employee retention.
Duties and Responsibilities
The work of HR Specialists begins when a position within the organization needs to be filled. These HR specialists, at this time, may do every from creating and placing job posts to visiting job fairs to finding the right candidate.
Once a number of potential candidates have been assembled, the HR Specialist then sorts through them, schedules and conducts interviews. In larger organizations, senior HR members may be responsible for the interviewing process, although HR Specialists in smaller companies are often responsible for this step in the hiring process.
When not hiring, placing, or orienting new employees, HR specialists often oversee current employee satisfaction and productivity, ensuring that the workplace is always running efficiently.
Human resources specialists work under HR directors and managers. During the hiring process, they generally consult with members of the management team to ensure that the right candidates are being placed in the right position. Thus, their job duties frequently involve consulting with the appropriate HR managers.
Some of the common duties and responsibilities of an HR Specialist include:
- Recruit and coordinate interviewing, references, and documentation for staff hiring.
- Follow up on hiring decisions.
- Distribute, complete, and process paperwork for a new hire.
- Work with employees to answer benefits questions and assist in processing life events and open enrollment elections.
- Conduct new hire orientation and benefits orientation to build a strong foundation for new employees and increase employee engagement.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the exit process for departing employees.
- Coach management and teams to promote and facilitate career growth and development.
Skills and Qualifications
- HR Specialists must possess a bachelor’s degree in human resources management, business, or a related major.
- An HR specialist should also have professional certification from any of these two organizations; the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and the HR Certification Institute (HRCI).
- Excellent attention to detail while multitasking.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products.
- Extremely strong organizational skills.
- Ability to build and develop relationships.
- Ability to execute daily tasks with minimal supervision.
- Maintain records or files and respond to visitors and telephone calls.
- Demonstrate ability to exercise initiative, independent judgment and be a self-starter who works with integrity while also being a strong team player.
The salary range is presented below in a tabular form in different currencies:
|Dollar ($)||Naira (₦)||Pound (£)||Euro (€)|
|$39,480 – $110,120||₦12,099,040 – ₦33,747,375||£31,076 – £86,680||€35,047- €97,801|
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.