Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment for ICT Assistant 2019.
Norwegian Refugee Council Job Vacancy for Information, Communication and Technology Assistant… Norwegian Refugee Council is recruiting for Information, Communication and Technology Assistant. The ideal candidate should posses A Bachelors’ degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information, Communication and Technology Assistant
Ref. No: 3814697778
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
- The purpose of the I.C.T Assistant is to support the overall establishment and implementation of NRC Information & Communication Technology systems and procedures in Maiduguri.
- S/He will assist with the day to day management of I.T functions and activities in Borno and surrounding north-eastern states.
- The I.C.T Assistant reports to the I.C.T Officer.
- Adheres to and support the implementation of NRC ICT policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure I.C.T equipment, hardware, software and other resources are made available and well maintained
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action & procedures, monitor and facilitate repairs.
- Sets up and configures general hardware, peripherals and accounts assigning security level;
- Monitors, operates, and maintain a reliable internet and network system (connectivity, assigning access level)
- Implement NRC filling system (electronic files) at country level
- Provide IT support and capacity building to users on hardware, software, peripherals and other ICT resources (internet, e-mail, intranet)
- Maintain an accurate asset register and ensure all items are properly tagged.
- Ensure proper handover, including signatures for all mobile equipment.
- Ensure proper filing of all documents relative to assets management as per NRC policy (Loss and damage report).
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Experience from working as ICT Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context preferably with similar organization like NRC
- Documented experience in related to network management and cloud networking
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian context (internet services, Networks, software/hardware authentication)
- Office organization skills,
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English, Hausa is an asset
- Computing / IT
- Engineering sciences & technology
- Education title: Bachelors’ degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Communicating with impact and respect: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions (Grade Level 4 Step 1)
CLICK HERE for more information.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.