International Medical Corps Recruitment 2019 for Wash Quantity Surveyor.
International Medical Corps Recruitment 2019 | In this article you will get latest updates on International Medical Corps 2019 recruitment requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates for free.
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below;
Job Title: Wash Quantity Surveyor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- IMC Nigeria is looking for qualified WASH Quantity Surveyor to work with the WASH Department.
- The WASH Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the preparation of all bill of quantities (BoQs) for construction contracts, and provide comprehensive quantity surveying and project/contract management support to the various department within International Medical Corps (IMC) Nigeria.
- The WASH Quantity Surveyor will work in coordination with WASH Infrastructure Officer, the WASH technicians, and contractors providing technical contractual and supervisory role at all IMC construction sites.
Based upon assessment carried out by the WASH technicians, the WASH Quantity Surveyor will:
- Prioritize the preparation of Bill of quantities (BoQs) and where necessary bill of materials (BoM) in accordance with the designs/drawings received;
- Prepare all scope of works (SoW) related for rehabilitation/construction and ensure the efficient and smooth management of all construction contracts;
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of quantity surveying and identify ways to maximize efficiency and value for money as it relates to civil works in IMC Nigeria;
- As part of International Medical Corps (IMC) WASH Team, participate in assessment of WASH infrastructures, health facilities and GBV women centers and work with the WASH technicians in the preparation of designs and specifications for all infrastructure assessed;
- Lead on construction/rehabilitation cost control and risk management services across IMC infrastructural works;
- Design, where appropriate, and as necessary phased, technical interventions to ensure safe and high quality infrastructural standards are met.
- In coordination with WASH lead, select and design appropriate water supply solutions to ensure security of water supply for the camps and health facilities.
- Oversee the development of cost effective bill of quantities (BoQ) or Bill of Materials (BoM) and Work with Logistics for any technical contract variations.
- With support from Logistics, manage, monitor and interpret all contract design documents supplied by contractors.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Information and Co-ordination:
- Provide regular updates to supervisor and team on progress, priorities and constraints – verbally and in writing.
- Represent IMC to private, governmental and non-governmental groups as and when needed.
- Provide support to the WASH technical team to ensure construction guidelines are followed
- Supervise and manage IMC WASH Technicians and quantity surveyor who undertake routine maintenance and construction activities in the camp.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering with emphasis in quantity surveying; an M.Sc would be preferred;
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written);
- Capacity to work under stressful situation and strong organizational and time management skills and capacity to coordinate work across multiple departments and on site
- 3 years’ post NYSC or exemption experience as a quantity surveyor with governmental or non-governmental organizations within Nigeria or other countries;
- Ability to interact with both national and international staff;
- Strong understanding of the construction regulations and construction of rates in Nigeria
- High computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft office: Word, Excel, internet;
- Willingness to travel throughout the project areas in Bono State is required
- Must be extremely flexible, willing to follow instructions and work within very strict guidelines; and
- Must have the ability to cope well in a stressful, and fast paced environment
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient knowledge of AUTOCAD and preparation of bill of quantities (BoQ) essential.
- A good understanding of the relevant Ministries and Agencies (Works, Water, Environment & Sanitation) guidelines.
- Diplomacy, tact and communication and negotiation skills.
- A good understanding of donor procedures especially USAID and ECHO guidelines;
- Good organizational, forecasting and planning skills especially as it relates to construction and civil works
- An understanding of requirements of a rapid response emergency operation.
- Attention to detail and excellent numeracy.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Nigerian local dialects
- Flexibility, adaptability to work under tight deadlines and pressure.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s addressed to the “Human Resource Manager”, International Medical Corps via: [email protected]
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Apply for International Medical Corps Ongoing Recruitment, How to Apply for International Medical Corps Recruitment, International Medical Corps, International Medical Corps Recruitment, Ongoing Recruitment at International Medical Corps, Wash Quantity Surveyor at International Medical Corps