Danish Refugee Council Recruitment for Interim Quality Assurance Manager 2020.
Danish Refugee Council Job Vacancy for Interim Quality Assurance Manager 2020: The Danish Refugee Council is recruiting for Interim Quality Assurance Manager. The ideal candidate must possess an advanced university degree.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world.
The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights.
DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Interim Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Duration: 3 months
Overall purpose of the role
- The Interim Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for strategic leadership, technical guidance, and management of the DRC Nigeria portfolio.
- The purpose of the position is to lead a team of three (3) to develop and/maintain systems and tools for efficient grant management; and ensure proactive and coordinated approach to risk-management in cooperation with the finance, other departments and colleagues as appropriate.
- Provide strategic leadership and management oversight of the DRC Nigeria Quality Assurance department, with a portfolio including: grants management, programme quality, reporting, and information management;
- Line manage and provide technical support to the Grants/Communications Specialist, and the Grants Officer;
- Take lead in compiling and submission of high quality DFID project quarterly report by July 10, 2018;
- Lead the finalization and submission of ECHO 2018/2019 quarterly report by June 30 2018;
- Finalize and submit ECHO 2017/2018 final report by June 30, 2018;
- In collaboration with the protection coordinator and livelihoods manager, take the lead to finalize SDC proposal;
- Ensure preparation and submission of monthly project updates for OFDA, FFP and ECHO. Using the previously developed templates that were agreed with donors
- In coordination with the Food Security manager, lead the preparation and submission of monthly reports to WFP, ensuring that calculation for metric tons delivered, beneficiaries served and amount of budget spent all are tallying. Prepare monthly invoice and submit to WFP;
- In coordination with the WASH and Shelter manager take lead on UNICEF project monthly reporting;
- Organize two (2) budget follow-ups meetings, one in July and another in August 2018.
- Establish in-country level grants filing systems based on donors and periods.
- Liaise with relevant DRC West Africa Regional Office and HQ counterparts responsible for programme design, reporting, and monitoring and evaluation;
- Coordinate and provide timely reporting and feedback to the Head of Programmes, Country Director and SMT on Quality Assurance unit activities.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the DRC Head of Programmes and the CD.
Experience and Technical Competencies
- Five years of professional experience in humanitarian emergency contexts with PDQA responsibilities, preferable to have at least two years of experience at senior management level;
- Knowledge and experience working with relevant sectoral areas implemented by DRC-DDG Nigeria programmes – including protection, food security, WASH, shelter, NFIs, mine action, mine risk education, and armed violence reduction;
- Proven ability to lead a high performing and diverse team, manage performance, foster a positive working environment and manage issues sensitively and diplomatically;
- Extensive knowledge of US and European institutional donors and their compliance requirements with proven experience of developing successful funding proposals and overseeing large complex grants;
- Excellent understanding of the principles of budgeting, financial and contract management;
- Outcome focused and proven ability to think strategically and plan, prioritize and organize a department/team’s work to meet organization-wide strategic objectives;
- Excellent influencing, presentation and communication skills including verbal and written English, active listening and the ability to tailor communication to different audiences;
- Ability to manage a large and varied workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Illustrated commitment to, and a good understanding of, the DRC’s values and mandate and the ability to bring these alive in your work
- Ability to live and work in an insecure and high-stress environment.
- Advanced university degree (or bachelor level qualification with equivalent years of professional experience) in a relevant field such as social sciences, development studies, international / humanitarian law, communications or similar;
- Relevant professional humanitarian qualifications / recognized training certificates in Grants-related areas (M&E, IM, CHS, SPHERE, Protection, etc.) are desirable, although practical experience more essential to the role.
- English – fluent, with demonstrated capacity for high quality written and verbal command of the language.
- Hausa and other languages used in northeast Nigeria an asset, but not essential to the position.
CLICK HERE for more information.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google +.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.