Apply for International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Recruitment for Graduate Research Support Officers – 2016
Apply for International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Recruitment for Graduate Research Support Officers – 2016;
IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture.
IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Support Officer
Ref No: IITA-HR-NRS2016-044
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in the application of diagnostics techniques such as enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and nucleic acid isolation methods
- Conduct field assessment of yam diseases
- Participate in field surveys and preparation of high quality report on findings
- Carryout data management and analysis using tools available in the YamBase
- Prepare of timely and accurate technical reports
- Coordinate Propagation of planting materials in screen house and field
- Maintain virus and fungal isolates
- Monitor and reporting of field and screen house activities
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- B.Sc in Plant Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology or closely related fields with minimum of three (3) years professional experience preferably with a reputable organization
The ideal candidate must have:
- Good laboratory and field research skills
- Good communication and supervisory skills
- Good data management analysis skills
- Ability to work independently and ability to acquire skills quickly (fast learner)
- Good Knowledge of laboratory safety procedures
- Good computer skills, MS-Office applications, use of document and data management applications
How to Apply
Interested applicant should forward their Applications include covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
Application Deadline: 2nd November, 2016.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.