International Medical Corps Latest Recruitment for Graduates 2019 | IMC Application Guide and Requirements
International Medical Corps Latest Recruitment for Graduates 2019 | IMC Application Guide and Requirements.
International Medical Corps Latest Recruitment for Graduates 2019, In this article you will get latest updates on International Medical Corps Latest Recruitment for Graduates 2017recruitment requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates for free.
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private,
voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide.
International Medical Corps has been operating in Nigeria since November 2013. It currently has its country office in Abuja and field offices in Kano, Sokoto and Maiduguri where it is implementing emergency Water, Sanitation, Hygiene (WASH) and Protection programs, and also building capacity of local health systems and structures, ensuring the provision of quality, accessible Nutrition and Health Care.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Job Title: Stabilization Centre Nurse
Location: Damboa, Borno
- IMC has been implementing its curative and preventive nutrition intervention in 15 OTPs of Damboa, Jere, Konduga and MMC LGAs.
- The curative component targets children, 6-59 months with SAM. Community health volunteers screen and refer children with a MUAC <11.5cm or WHZ < -3 or those with grade + or ++ or edema to OTP sites for treatment.
- SAM cases are treated at the OTP using RUTF, deworming and Vitamin supplementation.
- Children with severe acute malnutrition and medical complications or those <6 months are referred to stabilization centers.
- In addition, caregivers of children 6-59 months are trained on how to measure MUAC. If a caregiver identifies a child with SAM these are re-assessed by the CHV and if confirmed, the child is referred to the OTP.
- These children receive nutrition support through RUTF based on their weight, treated for infections using routine medication and screened and treated for malaria.
- The severely acutely malnourished who are 24-59 months are de-wormed.
- All severely acutely malnourished without edema receive routine vitamin A supplementation and zinc supplements for those that present with diarrhea, whilst those presenting with malnutrition and medical complications are to stabilization centers for specialized treatment.
- The principal objective of the Stabilization Centre (SC) Nurse role is to manage acute malnutrition as part of the basic health services in line with the national and international guidelines.
- The SC Nurse is responsible for nutrition rehabilitation of the admitted children through treatment of medical complications of Severe Acute Malnutrition and prevention of further deterioration of the nutrition situation through provision of therapeutic feeds, routine and specialized medicines, health and nutrition counselling.
- The SC Nurse is also responsible for ensuring quality of services through capacity building and technical support to the SC nutrition assistants in the management of complications associated with Severe Acute Malnutrition in line with the SC national and international protocols.
- Ensuring comprehensive medical examination, vital signs, frequent medicines and treatment according to the protocols.
- Following and adhering to the current protocols on drug administration i.e. antibiotics, antimalarial, anthelminthic.
- Ensuring timely therapeutic preparation and administering the appropriate feeds and medicines for the malnourished children in the SC.
- Carrying out daily nutritional status monitoring of severely malnourished children as prescribed in the protocol.
- Providing appropriate nutrition counselling and health education to the mothers and caretakers in the SC based on the protocols and guidelines.
- Ensuring adequate availability of all drugs and nutrition supply and ensuring stock is pre-positioned as planned.
- Consulting and informing the SC Doctor and/or Nutrition Manager on issues that may affect the smooth operations of the stabilization Centre.
- Ensuring proper handing over of duties within the SC.
- Preparing and updating the medical and nutritional record for ward rounds on a daily basis.
- Ensuring all criteria are adhered to and documented, including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the OTP
- Completing and updating the patient file to ensure a track of patient progress.
- Compiling the statistical data (admission, default, cured, absent, death) and drafting a report on activities.
- Maintaining supply consumption reports.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Qualifications and Experience
- Registered Nurse with a Degree in Nursing from a recognized Nursing institute.
- Over two (2) years’ experience in CMAM and IYCF programmes
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption letter
- Valid and current practicing license.
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values and principles.
CLICK HERE for more information.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Apply for International Medical Corps Latest Recruitment for Graduates 2019, Finance and Administrative Assistant job vacancy at International Medical Corps, How to Apply for, International Medical Corps Recruitment, International Medical Corps Recruitment 2019, Job for Graduates at International Medical Corps, Latest International Medical Corps Recruitment, Latest International Medical Corps Recruitment 2019, Latest Job Vacancy at International Medical Corps