International Organization for Migration Recruitment for Resources Management Officer.
International Organization for Migration Job Vacancy for Resources Management Officer… International Organization for Migration is recruiting for Resources Management Officer. The ideal candidate should possess Master’s degree in relevant disciplines.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Resources Management Officer
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission, and the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer, in Abuja and in coordination with the EUTF Programme Manager and other relevant Units, the successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring of the budgetary, financial, human resources and administrative functions of the Lagos Sub-Office.
- S/he will also contribute to providing recommendations aiming at increasing effectiveness and efficiency of resource management in the Lagos Sub-Office.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Monitor financial management, particularly in the Sub-Office Lagos, including the oversight of financial expenditures and accountability. Undertake financial analysis of all activities in the assigned sub-office.
- Coordinate with senior management the preparation of donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures.
- Assist in forecasting cash flows according to activities in the Sub-Office Lagos and ensure daily control of funds disbursed; verify that funding is received in accordance with donor agreements.
- Participate in the preparation and draft portions of the annual budget for the Mission, and assist in the preparation of budgets for new programs.
- Inspect payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM’s projectization criteria.
- Make recommendations on procedural improvements and assist in training local staff in the relevant areas of administration and finance, in coordination with the RMO Abuja and other RM Units in Abuja.
- Assist in the supervision of the Sub-Office Lagos administrative functions, and other related activities, in accordance with the Organization’s policies and procedures.
- Monitor the implementation of procurement, logistics, facilities maintenance, asset administration, and transport support within established internal control mechanisms.
- Evaluate, monitor and update the database of vendor/contractor accreditation and evaluation status to ensure a pool of reliable vendors and contractors.
- Establish and monitor a tracking system of commodities, supplies, and equipment and project assets in the mission.
- Liaise with other internal functional units of the Mission, and support the supervisor in liaising with banks, donors and government counterparts and other stakeholders as required in the performance of the accounting function.
- Liaise with relevant units at IOM Abuja with regards to the financial and administrative activities of the Mission.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting;
- Experience in budgeting and reporting for EU funded projects;
- Experience in the field of resources management, IOM project financial planning and budget revision management;
- Good knowledge of human resources management;
- Familiarity with financial oversight and public administration;
- Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international institutions;
- Knowledge of IOM’s regulations, policies and procedures preferred;
- Knowledge of International Public-Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and SAP highly desirable;
- Audit experience highly regarded;
- Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, software and procedures a distinct advantage.
- Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of any local language is an advantage.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
CLICK HERE for more information.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.