Job Opening at UNICEF 2019 – Apply Now. The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – In September 2014 UNICEF began implementing a joint programme with UN Women on Women, Peace and Security (WPS) funded by the European Union (EU).
The programme will support the Nigerian Government (Federal level), three Northern Nigerian States namely Adamawa, Gombe and Plateau and selected Local Government Areas (LGAs) to strengthen women’s leadership, advance gender equality and improve protection for women and children in conflict settings.
UNICEF is responsible for the implementation of Component 2 of the programme, namely ‘to increase access to reporting mechanisms and protective services for girls and women affected by human rights abuses, including gender-based violence, in 3 states of northern Nigeria”.
This will entail enhancing avenues for reporting of child rights violation and Gender-Based Violence in Plateau and Gombe States, strengthening access to and quality of services for children and women who have experienced violence (including gender-based violence (GBV), abuse, neglect and exploitation and strengthening the information management system for collecting data on violations.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
1. Job Title: Driver, GS-2
Job Number: 522196
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Work Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Purpose of the Post
- Under the general supervision of the Administrative Associate and general supervision of the Senior Driver, Driver at G-2 level will provide reliable and safe driving services, demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations.
- The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Key Functions, Accountabilities and related Duties/Tasks
Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials:
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials, visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
- Meets official personnel and visitors at the airport and may assist with basic visa and customs formalities and arrangements when required.
Maintenance of assigned vehicle:
- Ensures vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels, and car washing.
Documentation of vehicle-related information:
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- Education: A secondary education is required, along with a valid driver’s license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
- Experience: A minimum of two years of work experience as a Driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record is required.
- Language Requirements: Fluency of the local language of the duty station as well as proficiency in English is required.
- Good knowledge of the city, local roads and conditions where the office is located
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background
Core Values and Competencies Required
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (Level I)
- Working with people (Level I)
- Drive for Results (Level I)
- Analyzing (Level I)
- Learning and Researching (Level I)
- Planning and Organizing (Level I)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (Level I)
CLICK HERE for more information.
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment 2019, kindly provide us your phone number and Email Address in the comment box below.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.