Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Entry-level Lab Technician 2018.
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking for candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lab Technician
Location: Monguno, Borno State
- The Laboratory Technician will carry out rapid laboratory tests to identify disease causes and provide accurate information for diagnosis and treatment of clients according to PUI guidelines.
Responsabilities and Tasks
- Prepare test kits and patients for collecting specimen including providing patient Identification Numbers, labelling specimen containers and collecting correct specimen in line with Good Laboratory Clinical Practice (GLCP).
- Conducting routine lab tests, correctly documenting the results and submitting the results to the requesting clinician and clients in charge of establishing rejection and acceptance criteria for laboratory tests
- Routinely implement safety procedures and practices to ensure quality assurance is observed during and after testing and disposing laboratory waste to maintain healthy and safe work place needs in line with internationally acceptable laboratory safety standards.
- Maintain laboratory equipment conducting periodic maintenance procedures for laboratory equipment/machines as per the related service schedule including reporting any damages and malfunction.
- Make periodic forecasts of lab testing kits and supplies for the laboratory and prepare requisitions for the required inventory in line with health facility and procurement guidelines.
- Actively participate in research activities and outbreak investigations (for example epidemic outbreaks) including preparing documentation, community level specimen collection and/or blood plasma processing in line with GCLP.
- Compile and send daily weekly and monthly laboratory reports in line with health facility and PUI guidelines.
- Implement capacity building plan through training, mentorship, support supervision on lab related issues such as ANC and GBV HIV testing, quality assurance and safety practices in line with PUI Human Resource guidelines and Continuous Medical Education guidelines.
- Ensure that he/she maintains and updates daily consumption/utilization data and submit to the supervisor.
- Responsible for proposer disposal of lab waste.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
- Language skills: Fluent in English, Kanuri and Hausa
- Education degree: Diploma in Medical laboratory Technology
- Work experience: Minimum 1 year of experience in a similar position (NGOs/private companies)
- Knowledge & skills: Good analytical and writing skills. Good management capacities and team leadership spirit
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Outlook. Excellent in Excel
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills to manage relationship in potentially tense situations Customer care principles
- Good documentation and reporting skills
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Well organized
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Able to analyze and suggest improvement
- Able to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Able to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Autonomous, neutral, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 21st May, 2018.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Apply here for Entry-level Lab Technician at Premiere Urgence Internationale, Premiere Urgence Internationale, Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment, Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment 2018, Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Entry-level Lab Technician, PUI